Notices

so here is my story of why i need help

Old 09-24-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Gantz glad to see you are willing to do what ever it takes, there are a lot of folks in AA that use therapist for many issues that do not involve alcoholism, and AA is open to someone combining progams such as SMART with AA. It would probably be best though to when at an AA meeting to strictly talk AA recovery and when in a SMART meeting to talk strictly SMART recovery. Some folks on both sides of the fence can get a bit upset talking opposing programs.

Gantz you may be able to hook up with some AA folks after the meeting for some things to do, one thing you will find out about AA folks is that we are not a glum lot, we have a new sober life and live it to the fullest sober and happy. I have been amazed at how enjoyable things are to do now that I am sober that I used to avoid at all cost because drinking was the central activity in my life.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
judge only yourself

well the AA meeting I will be going to will be on saturday so maybe there will be activities to attend after. Also thanks for the advice about the 2 different groups I would have never even thought about that.