Notices

Partied without the Alcohol

Old 09-21-2008, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Partied without the Alcohol

Last Night I went to an end of summer party. EVERYONE was drinking - except for me that is! I did it! I went and had a great time and did not touch alcohol. And you know what I was suprised it was so easy and that I could still have fun! And the best part is now waking up without that hangover I knew I would have. that my boyfriend has! It feels really good!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

:bounce..aint it great.. kinda makes u wanna go to him nah nah nah.. you gotta hanger-over an i donttttt .. but thats mean but you know what i mean .. right on see you can still enjoy things with out tippin one back ...
Old 09-21-2008, 06:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup! I love it. Now I can do an and enjoy a yummy french toast and bacon breakfast without feeling sick. yeah.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Originally Posted by bstt03 View Post
Yup! I love it. Now I can do an and enjoy a yummy french toast and bacon breakfast without feeling sick. yeah.
AND, I know for me, no drinking means a ton of calories saved, so heck yeah to the french toast! he he...
Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know for me, it was not that hard to go to a party and not drink early on. It will get you eventually though. I also know having a significant other that drinks will eventually get you unless they are a social drinker and don't keep it in the house all the time. I have been through these games on and off for thirty years. I did not listen to the counselors when they warned me it will not work that way. Needless to say I am slowly learning from my previous mistakes. I'm glad you had a great time and I don't mean to burst your bubble. Try to focus on a new way of life and not fight the alcohol temptation by staying in past forms of entertainment and activities. JMO
Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

and bacon too flutter
Old 09-21-2008, 11:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

No hangover, and in my case, wondering what the h*ll I did last night that would come back to haunt me! I'm glad you posted this. I have a really big 40th coming up (not mine, yet!) and I was really worried about it. But it CAN be done!!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I actually love the "**** I forgot last night" feeling when it's not involving friends. Otherwise I can muster up the same amount of enthusiasm sober as I can drunk.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Smile

Last Night I went to an end of summer party. I went and had a great time and did not touch alcohol. And you know what I was suprised it was so easy and that I could still have fun! It feels really good!

RR
Old 09-21-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Smile

Originally Posted by NthTimeAround View Post
I know for me, it was not that hard to go to a party and not drink early on. I'm glad you had a great time and I don't mean to burst your bubble. Try to focus on a new way of life and not fight the alcohol temptation by staying in past forms of entertainment and activities. JMO
yeh, baby, a new life is walking a better path then the one we were lost on. Absolutely!! Great solid living advice NthTimeAround!

:ghug2
Robby
Old 09-21-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the positive feedback! You know, some may feel its early and I am tempting fate, I also feel that I cannot hide from my life and fun events with friends. Hopefully down the road it will conitinue this way. I know that I will have to be always on the alert and of course, if I feel tempted, then remove myself or do whatever its takes to not drink. One day , event, etc at a time!

Thanks again all!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the positive feedback! You know, some may feel its early and I am tempting fate, I also feel that I cannot hide from my life and fun events with friends. Hopefully down the road it will conitinue this way. I know that I will have to be always on the alert and of course, if I feel tempted, then remove myself or do whatever its takes to not drink. One day , event, etc at a time!

Thanks again all!
I realized the same thing, don't worry about the energy, you'll definitely get it from being around dancing music. Just keep yourself hydrated.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I did this too a week ago. I was really surprised that i could have fun without alcohol. It was actually funny in the beginning but when all got drunk it was a bit annoying.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yeah and the best part was the nice sweet waking up
Old 10-10-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

well... I do kinda think it's early and I do kiinda think it's tempting fate...
but at the same time - I can see from your following posts that it's something you needed to be able to say you can do.

I'm glad it worked out for you! and I hope the focus stays in the recovery for you as well!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you for staying sober in an alcohol environment! :ghug3