SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   DAFT - and how I beat my Saturday night (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/158252-daft-how-i-beat-my-saturday-night.html)

CantWait11 09-21-2008 12:23 AM

DAFT - and how I beat my Saturday night

I'M DAFT!

i had asked how to handle weekend nights late cant sleep in the SATURDAY NIGHT thread
How Do I Fight Saturday Night Boredom

to answer my own question, at least for tonight, I took a simply sleep (benadryl) (not that you should always do that)
im gonna cuddle up and watch SNL, and warm milk, and if im still not drowsy after that ill just watch the Science channel. I love the show HOW ITS MADE but its not intense enough to keep me amped.

I love the feeling of waking up, in the morning (usually cause i have to pee or something loud outside) and the TV is still on and its a new day and its ONE MORE DAY that I didnt drink. and I write it on my calendar. Its something i read somewhere else, a moderation website, i write
DAFT. it means Delightfully Alcohol Free Today, and i think its a much less intimidating phrase than SOBER. thats so dramatic!! and it sounds hard!

so if youve never heard that term, use it! Its so much better to decide to be DAFT then try to be SOBER

Reading all your posts and ideas/tips helps too! Knowing that Im not alone is great. thanks!:You_Rock_

DAFT,
BJ

CarolD 09-21-2008 02:08 AM

:)
Call it what you will ...glad you are doing it.

However....I don't want to be daft ..:brick

daft
Pronunciation: \ˈdaft also ˈdäft\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English dafte gentle, stupid; akin to Old English gedæfte mild, gentle, Middle English defte deft, Old Church Slavic podobati to be fitting
Date: 14th century

1 a: silly , foolish b: mad , insane
2Scottish : frivolously merry
— daft·ly adverb
— daft·ness \ˈdaf(t)-nəs\ noun

helpus 09-21-2008 04:46 AM

BJ, I luv it!! So yup, gonna borrow it. Congrats on your being DAFT. Thanks.

Bamboozle 09-21-2008 06:55 AM

oh, daft...that's certainly me.

flutter 09-21-2008 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by CantWait11 (Post 1917467)
to answer my own question, at least for tonight, I took a simply sleep (benadryl) (not that you should always do that)

Congrats on being so very Daft lol... When I was drinking, I was supplimenting the drowse factor with sleeping pills (OTC only), and because I decided to quit those too, I went to the all natural stuff. I tested a few, and most didn't do anything that I could feel at least. But, I tried Sleep MD, and I swear... it's my miracle. I sleep like a baby, wake up excited and energized, and before sleep I do enjoy that silly drowsy feeling that it brings on. I honestly don't think I could last thru a tv show after taking one, and I used to be the girl that on non-drinking nights, I'd stay up every second of the night after taking 3 or 4 (!!!) heavy sleeping pills.

Just a thought, I don't really know the chemical difference other than it's herbs and stuff like that, but it really wow'd me! (and i'm certainly not trying to advertise, just offer suggestions.. I was TIED down with sleeping pills, and this has been a really nice change!)

Happy Sunday!!!

BaldHeadedJohn 09-21-2008 01:36 PM

Wonderful post, CantWait. I've been called worse!!
Glad you're doing good.

Best to you.
BHJ