Notices

time to see the doctor

Old 09-19-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

time to see the doctor

yes, it's time.

I'm going to be 100% honest with him this time. the problem is out of control. I was successful staying sober in the past for a whole year!!!
then relapsed.
some of the worst hangovers the past year with one ending me in the hospital.

Hopefully, i am going through my last hangover. this is what i say every-time . my brain finds new ways to break my determination to do this.. I thought i had the power. I'm just fooling myself now. it's like a never ending spiral

with that said, i feel there is two parts(possible more)OR PROBLEMS. one is i am addicted to alcohol..body needs etc. second, my mind has stored in deep memory a psychological problem.. it has everything to do with creativity and the stress i put on myself to achieve it..forces in life do not allow us that freedom (that story)..psychiatrists...no help..

so today.. i am going to find as much help as i can...
for all those that have gone through this bad(s)time and and then started sober, my hat goes off to you.

excuse my fragmented sentences..
Old 09-19-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well if you have health benefits maybe it is time to see a dr. or go into rehab.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

azepa...Welcome!!! Good for you for recognizing a problem AND for talking to your doctor about it! You're in a great place here and will get tons of support from people who've been right where you are.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Don't beat yourself up. Have you ever heard of a band called Sixx AM? Go to you tube and find the song "accidents can happen" by Sixx AM.

I think you'll find solace in that song.

As time goes on you'll be better at staying sober. You do have to relearn alot of things but it takes time, as much time as you put into drinking except the outcome will reap benefits. Hang in there.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Best wishes to you, you're doing the right thing.
Yes, be totally honest with the Dr. Don't worry about being judged, he's heard the same problem from probably hundreds.

I hope it goes well.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Azepa, you are doing huge, important things! You are being honest with yourself and you are reaching out for support. Those are the things you need to get and stay sober. My hat goes off to you because what you're doing here is not easy... you're being brave and strong. Welcome to SR!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR and our Alcoholism Forum...

Glad you are seeking professional advice
It's it best way to be both safe and sober.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been trying and failing to stay sober since last December. I now, finally, have 68 days sober. For me, the key to staying sober was to want to stay sober more than I wanted to drink. When I got to that point, I was ready to seriously stop drinking, one day at a time, for the rest of my life.

No, I have no guarantee that I'll stay sober for the rest of my life, but I am determined to do so, so every day I don't drink 'just for today'. So far it's working great! I feel better mentally and physically than I have in ages. I no longer feel guilty or ashamed. My kids trust me again. I don't hate myself so much as I used to do, still working on that.

So if you're ready to stay sober more than you want to drink, you've come to a great place. And even if you're not ready yet, you can get in some mean practice here! Maybe that's how come I'm good at staying sober now - cause I had so much practice!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It wasn't until I went to the doctor and told him everything that I got serious and really decided to make a change. Its only been 9 days, but I feel I have someone I have to be accountable to.

You can do this!