Notices

messed up again

Old 09-19-2008, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy messed up again

Made it 15 hours just to start it all over again. The frustration I'm feeling is overwhelming I can't even describe it. Its almost like I'm not even in charge of my own thoughts or actions anymore. And before I know it I'm drinking and it's too late. I hate myself right now.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wastedtheday,

If you can why not think of a residential programme to get over the first hump. You seem to want to get sober there is no shame in getting help. If that’s not an option for you, no better time then the present to start again.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Made it 15 hours just to start it all over again. The frustration I'm feeling is overwhelming I can't even describe it. Its almost like I'm not even in charge of my own thoughts or actions anymore. And before I know it I'm drinking and it's too late. I hate myself right now.
Wow does that take me back!!! Just a little bit over 2 years ago, I was just like that!! I had no choice in whether or not I drank, I drank even though I did not want to drink, I had to.

I tried for a lot of years to stop drinking or foolishly control it on my own and was never able to succeed.

I finally surrendered to the fact that I needed help, I could not even stop for a day and had been that way for 5 years, I knew I had to stop drinking or die.

I went to a doctor who specialezed in Alcoholism and drug addiction and told him the whole truth about my drinking, he told me I had no choice, if I really wanted to stop I would first have to be medically detoxed.

Alcohol convinced me that in order to live I had to be willing to follow suggestions because I knew that my way did not work.

The doctor suggested detox....... I went to detox!
Detox suggested 90 AA meetings at least in 90 days and get a sponsor.... I did both.
My sponsor and the folks in AA suggested I work the steps........ I did.

Here I am 2 years later, sober, happy, and could care less if I ever had another drink or not.

I found it impossible to get or stay sober alone, I would reccommend first off to see a doctor and be totally honest about your driniking and go from there. There are many good programs to choose from to stay sober, but get sober first.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ever closer...

"The first days are the hardest days" or so the song goes. I was just working on my writing for my Step Workshop and had to write about "what got you here?" I was writng about my last day of drinking and remembering the incredible physical pain I endured after 8 hours or so and how I now know I should have gone to a doctor for help....so I guess I'm saying Go to a Doctor and ask ,no demand help. You don't even have to go to your doctor, find a brand new one you can be completely honest with.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome to our SR Alcoholism Forum

Have you considered having an honest talk with your doctor?
That is always a wise move when you want to quit. Then you will be both sober and safe.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome.

Alcohol is a powerful mind altering drug. It can affect your brain, especially if you are an alcoholic like me, and take away all rational thought. I am 1 drink away from being drunk at any given moment.

I stopped drinking on Monday and my body and brain are thanking me for it. But follow up is key. I am going to an AA meeting every day. Do you have any sort of sober support network or plan? That would be helpful.

Stay sober and thanks for posting.