Notices

Broncos Game today..

Old 09-14-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Broncos Game today..

Of course I quit drinking at the start of football season lol.. and the first season that we have season tix. I started getting nervous about the game today, it's such old hat to order beers during the game. The more I thought of it, though.. when I would, I never caught a buzz.. had to run to the restroom so often I thought my fellow "row" mates would kill me for making them get up, and I ate crappy stadium food to chase the watered down Coors Light. Gross!

So here's the conundrum.. My husband drinks. He hasn't since my sober date, to support me, however at some point, he will, he only drinks in moderation, and only at such events or out with "the guys" maybe once every few weeks. I know that if I said it would bother me, he wouldn't have a beer today, but... at some point, I am going to need to be ok sitting with him, and his beer, and my sobriety.

When we went out for dinner on our anniversary, he ordered an O'Douls.. and even though it's N/A, it kind of helped show me how ok I am (I think!?) sitting with him and his beer. The visual.. looked like a beer, I'm sure it smelled like a beer, he never gets drunk so that wasn't a factor anyways..

Should I be cool with him having a beer or 2 at the game? He's also anxious to hang out with his buddies and watch football with them, and likely have a beer or 2, but is graciously abstaining for my benefit.

Thoughts?
Old 09-14-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Flutter,

It is hard to answer your question. You may need to ask him to abstain if it will bother you. It sounds like he's a good sport and he supports your sobriety.

If you think you can watch the game and not be bother by him and his beer, than maybe it would be okay.

For me, I am almost 7 months sober and it would still bother me a little.

It's your sobriety and you need to do whats best for you.

BTW, it is nice to have someone else from the Denver area here at SR
Old 09-14-2008, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hmm..
You could begin a new game habit.
Drink and eat ??? instead.

As to how you and your husband decide
to handle his drinking...be open and talk honestly.
As he is a moderate drinker...
he may choose to not bother with the beer.