Notices

Hi. I'm new. Desperate. And drinking.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Leah---Welcome.....I think alot of people are sitting out there in your situation, I remeber sitting with the yellow pages out, crying, drinking and looking for help. I am so glad you went to a meeting, there are sooo many good ones out there.

I had to respond because I live close by also, I live in Minnetonka and you are welcome to send me a personal message also. My home group has child care and is a wonderful, caring and understanding group of women. You can also google st paul or mpls intergroup and get a listing of all the meeting in your area.

I have little kids also and they deserve their mom to be present, happy, and most importantly sober!!!

Good luck, Chris
Old 09-16-2008, 02:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

im paul, i dont really know where to go....
im 22... i missed work again today because of drinking
last month i drove drunk and took my side mirror off...after that wasnt enough...i drove drunk again and took my truck off of a bank, through a fence and into a ladys backyard.
the truck was written off by the insurance company. im lucky to be alive
i cant stop drinking, its taken a toll on all the relationsips in my life... ive pushed my family completely away... i seriously contemplated suicide last night

help
Old 09-16-2008, 02:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
broken wings

Paul

hi paul you've come to a great place. I've been there too wrecked my car almost killing myself and a friend! a couple years after that i got a DUI and almost wrecked another car on separate occasions.I'm 23 i wrecked my first car before i was 21. I'm sorry you are hurting PLEASE PLEASE don't give up on hope. I'm also in a very bad place i can't seem to get out of just know you aren't alone in this even though thats how it feels, hope you come back you can learn alot here:ghug
Old 09-17-2008, 12:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paulmyork View Post
im paul, i dont really know where to go....
im 22... i missed work again today because of drinking
last month i drove drunk and took my side mirror off...after that wasnt enough...i drove drunk again and took my truck off of a bank, through a fence and into a ladys backyard.
the truck was written off by the insurance company. im lucky to be alive
i cant stop drinking, its taken a toll on all the relationsips in my life... ive pushed my family completely away... i seriously contemplated suicide last night

help
Блин! You so young but already ramed your head any hogwash. You can join to some recovery program. Do it and adjust your life.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Are you all willing to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober?

There are several darn good recovery programs out there, if you are really ready to do what it takes to get and stay sober check some of them out.

I used AA, it involved actions on my part and change, but today thanks to the fellowship of AA and the steps of AA I am sober and happier then I have been in 30 years.

I have been where you all are at, I know that hopeless feeling, of not knowing what to do or how to do it. What I found was that if I overcame my fears of asking for help, put out my hand and asked for help, that there were rooms full of people who had been right where I was at then who knew not only how to get and stay sober, but also how to be happy being sober more then happy to share with me how they got and stayed sober.