Notices

My Mantra

Old 09-11-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Mantra

I gave up the drink for the most part 20 months ago. As a result everything in my life has improved, I got married had a baby and am generally happier than I've ever been. However, I've been dabbling again, and I'm not happy about it. I know better I can see the good things that have happened every day. I love my wife and my baby, and I don't want to be a drunk around them. Financially things are getting really rough, and I think that's kicked me into drinking again. I'm not a bad drunk, but I may say some stupid things now and then that I would never say sober, I don't like who I am when I'm drinking and I don't want my kid to ever when she's old enough to see me drunk. I just wanted to write it down that I'm not going to drink today, and I'm going to try not to drink tomorrow, and every day after that for me, for my wife, and for my baby, I know I can do it, I've done it for 20 months and I don't want to start backsliding now. This is my mantra, and if I have to look up this post up everyday for encouragement that's what I'll do. I'm here to tell you life is way better on the other side, and I don't ever want to go back to the way my life was before.

Thanks-

Sober again again. September 11, 2008

Shakes
Old 09-11-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hi Shakes!
Welcome and yes, you can do this thing, one more time.
You have all the reason too, that is for sure!
Do you work a recovery program of some sort?
I highly recommend one. If it is not a 12 step one, choose another. There is lots of information here and wonderful experience, strength and hope!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome back. I wish you the best in your search for sobriety. There is a list of recovery programs in the stickies in this forum. There are many types, one might be right for you.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ever closer...

You can do it and you have done it and you must do it for you!
Why don't you post a note here everyday for a week. You will always get a response and we can help you up while you need it.

Noone ever regrets not drinking
Old 09-11-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Shakes

Congrats on your decision to improve your life. May God bless you on your journey. Your wife and daughter deserve to have a sober YOU in their lives. Keep doing whatever you need to do to stay away from that first drink... Your family needs you.
chip
Old 09-11-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Shakes,
You can do it because you've done it before. You know exactly what to do. Don't beat yourself up over it but do look into why you turned back to it. What's going on? For 20 months you've been solving every problem before you. Why now? What is it that you think you cannot fix? Figure that out and you'll be A-Okay. Prayers
Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Blessings to you and your family

Welcome back to SR
Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Blessings to you and your family

Welcome back to SR
Old 09-12-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome back to SR shakes. As others have said, if you are not working some program of recovery, now may be the time to start. There are plenty to choose from and not a single one will hurt you, especially if you stay sober.

Working a program makes recovery/sobriety easier, you are following the path of others and getting support from others.

I would suggest checking out different programs and finding one you like and working it.