Notices

Day 8, and stuff..

Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Day 8, and stuff..

Well, today is almost over.. yesterday was my week one, since the infamous ER trip. I ended up getting my medical records (seeing as how I had no memory of anything, and WANT one), and the initial BAC of .45 was then changed to .55. I shouldn't be here, and I am. I still have a mark where my IV was... it's kinda silly but I wish it wouldn't go away.. a reminder of how dark it gets.

On a lighter note.. I find that I've replaced my "down" time usually spent drinking, with going to the gym. Not an unhealthy amount like I did at first, but just kinda got into an after work routine that calms me, and recharges my brain after a hard day of work. I know there's a lot to be said about replacing addictions, but for now, it's what I do, and I feel better and stronger than I have in many.. too many years.

Kind of funny.. I was at the gym today.. and Black Dahlia by Hollywood Undead came on my MP3 as I was lifting some weights, and it's this really emo-yelling song clearly about a breakup, and I started framing the words in my head as if the guy (and myself) were yelling at alcohol.. holy smokes my arms are going to hate me tomorrow lol

Just blabbin, I hope you are all feeling well and loving yourselves as much as possible. I'm not a very spiritual person... but considering what I've been through in the past 9 days, I feel lucky, if not blessed to be here to type this.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know you are moving forward...
Old 09-10-2008, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on the 9 days sober.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Geez man, I had friends that used to joke around saying "I got too much blood in my alcohol system...." You really did have more alcohol than blood. Glad you're still alive and kickin' and congrat's on them sober days!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So good to hear you're not only sober but doing something really good for yourself Thanks for the update!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ever closer...

I keep trying to get exercise to be my addiction...I have been thru shopping, eating, and alcohol!! I sure hope to avoid gambling!
Sounds like you are doing great. In the beginning I just needed to fill my day with something, anything!
Congrats to you!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
Geez man, I had friends that used to joke around saying "I got too much blood in my alcohol system...." You really did have more alcohol than blood. Glad you're still alive and kickin' and congrat's on them sober days!
LOL... it's .55 percent... not 55 percent :P NO carrying the decimal in BAC numbers silly :P thank GOD
Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober member

awesome flutter,today i hit 2 weeks! keep it up,i had to hit my bottom also to wake my azz up.Im sober now and feeling so much better than 2 weeks ago.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

AWESOME! Congrats on your sobriety, flutter.

Hi Homer38
Good work on 2 weeks! You're an inspiration for so many of us who've struggled. I like your new screen name. Keep up the good work.
peace,
chip
Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
LOL... it's .55 percent... not 55 percent :P NO carrying the decimal in BAC numbers silly :P thank GOD
LOL! I knew that... I dunno what the !@#% I was thinkin'.. I knew that didn't sound right!

Actually... I was just testing you.. yeah, to see if you were paying attention.. yeah, that's the ticket!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 days! I know from experience that working out can be a great subsitute...it's such an upper! I know at least when I get through working out I feel like I'm on cloud 9.

Unfortunately I have been um...slacking in that area lately, but you've inspired me to start back up!