Notices

support

Old 09-06-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

support

I am sitting here on day 5....I had a brief relapse after 4 years of really pretty good sobreity.
I am struggling somewhat, the obesssion to drink came right back, while a month ago I could have said that the obsession was completely lifted...here it is. I can say I certainly understand how cunning, baffling, and completely powerful this is!! WOW!
I have been going to a meeting every day, talking to people, trying to just get back to one day at a time...but wow.
I need to give this to God, let go, turn it over....I can not change the situation behind me, but I can move forward, right??
anyway just passing some time, looking for some peace.

chris
Old 09-06-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck Chris.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

chris...

How about making a Gratitude List?
That's a good way for me to get in balace.

Blessings
Old 09-06-2008, 08:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

yes you can move forward..I highly encourage you to do so
Old 09-07-2008, 12:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
God's Kid

You helping out at meetings?
Putting out chairs etc..???
Old 09-07-2008, 12:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

a lapse doesnt have to turn into a relapse.i learned this in a program.pick yourself up dust yourself off.move forward take it one day at a time.id do a little soul searching and try to figure out what the underling feelings that led you there.goodluck!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Chris,

Good to see you getting this back. Relapses happen, but you can make it through. I'm pulling for youman.

Shawn
Old 09-07-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks so much to everyone for the vote of confidence, I am going to a meeting everyday.
carol, I did just start a gratitude list journal and a journal of just what is going on, I am going to make a "god box" this evening.

I have been praying to turn this over, and just working on changing my thoughts....just picked up a good book by Karen Casey, Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow....it is really good, recommend it.

Lisa1235---really liked what you said about a lapse/relapse, makes me feel like that is over, do not need to perpetuate it, done, finished.

Again, thanks for the help!!
Chris
Old 09-07-2008, 03:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congratulations on five days! You CAN make a sober life again. Just be sober for today... and do it again when tomorrow becomes today!

:ghug3
Old 09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Congrats Chris!
You are doing this thing, one more time.
Have you started the steps over?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ccommer,

Forgive me but I do not understand this word game stuff; a lapse doesn't have to turn into a relapse?

What is the truth? You drank; mistakenly drinking a beer after four years of reported sobriety, then you posted to SR and rationalized the one drink and your sobriety date. You argued and generalized and minimized. Then you posted that you went out because of the sobriety date deal and got drunk. It sounded to me like you were blaming those here, like myself who did not side with your illusion of honesty concerning the mistaken drink and we were reaaly at fault for your return to drinking. All of this crap for four years of time?

Here's the deal, if you are Alcoholic and like some of us here, you are on a deadly path. Obviously, you were not working a program of recovery to the best of your ability; you drank. Now, five days into not drinking, you are suffering the effects of your actions and still looking for a softer, easier way. Why did you quit drinking? If a part of you knows that your ability to drink successfully is at an end, why do you screw with the truth? Face your fear, get honest and move forward.