Notices

My Mother In Law Passed Away Today

Old 09-05-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your support and prayers. We just got home from the funeral. It was a great service, filled with many of our AA friends. I was given the opportunity to write part of what was said about her so I talked about her passion for the newcomer and how she made them feel welcome, offered to let them sit with her, learned their name so that next time they came she could call them by name, got them a phone list and meeting schedule, called to check on them etc. Many references were made to her love of AA including how many times when she'd get out of the hospital she'd go straight to a meeting. The man who preached her service had a good grasp on who she was and that was great. Overall, it was a good ending.

Appropriately enough, once it was over most of those in attendance went down the road to our home group for a meeting. She would have wanted it that way.

So thank you again my SR family for seeing me through this very trying time. By God's grace I didn't have to drink over this.

Love,
Kellye