Notices

sorry to say,I did it again :(

Old 08-29-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sorry to say,I did it again :(

Last night i went to a bar after i was already drunk,got into a huge fight with the bouncers when they asked me to leave,got the crap beat out of me,broken ribs and cuts and bruises all over my body.When the police arrived there were 3 guys trying to hold me down,i didnt resist the officers and was arrested for breach of peace.

This is all because of my alcohol problem,the same ole story ya people been hearing me say for many years,im gonna try aa again.

I somehow wanted something like this to happen to get me to accept the fact that Im an alcoholic and cannot drink alcohol ever again.Im a fool,Ill be the 1st to say it and youre all welcome to agree with no hard feelings from me.

Id have to say my wife will be gone if I drink even 1 more beer,shes been threatening alot lately,i do love her and would be devastated if she left.

wish i was coming here to brag about sober time but im not,just more bad news.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

IMHS: come on here tomorrow and DO brag that you've done one day sober. Do NOT pick up today! We all only have 24 hours, you know that. So grab onto these next 24 hours and brag about them tomorrow. We're all here rooting for you!
BTW, so sorry that you're hurt! I hope you can see a doctor to make sure that you're ok.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

wish i was coming here to brag about sober time but im not,just more bad news.
No Patrick, not more bad news. Just a report of the PROGRESSION of this KILLER DISEASE.

I continue to pray that you do not have to take it as far as I did, and you are getting close now my friend.

I don't know if you will get that SECOND CHANCE like I did.

Is this your bottom? I don't know, I sure hope so for your sake.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

You have my number......................................

Love and hugs,
Old 08-29-2008, 09:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Laurie. Patrick, there is a solution. If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired and in pain and in trouble and in fear and in a slew of crap, you will make a decision. Suit up, show up and give up the old Pat for a New Life. Excuses need to come to an end. Make a decision, go to a meeting, ask a man with sobriety to sponsor you, get a Big Book and study it with your Sponsor, ask a Power Greater than Pat continually for insight, strength and the wisdom to live free.

Bragging, in my lowly opinion is overvalued; allow your actions to speak volumes.

Your family and you are in our prayer in my family. If I can help, ask.

Ron
Old 08-29-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

The Big Book does say that "Most alcoholics have to be pretty badly mangled before they really commence to solve their problems"......I know I had to be literally beaten down by the bottle and the lifestyle before change could happen in my life. I was a stubborn individual...thought that maybe I could fix myself but couldn't. This disease called alcoholism affects not only the individual involved but also those closest to them--family, friends, etc. Maybe this was the "jolt" of reality that you needed Homer--who knows?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good news and bad

Well Patrick,
It's always good to see you on the forums. The good news is you are not dead yet. The bad news is, you may actually go on living a long long time feeling the way you do right now.The resiliency among some alcoholics is unreal. What are you going to do different. Like Ron said, if you need some help, ask. God bless.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

Pat,the bouncers did not beat you half as bad as booze is beating you.
Pat,last night I got a phone call from a lady.
Alan is dead she said.He came to AA,asked me to sponsor him,and then flew the coop when we got started on the solution.He leaves behind a crying wife,and a sad, beautiful,19 yr old daughter.
Alan never got sober,and it is a tragic thing.
Pat,none of us know if we are going to live thru another drunk....If you are sober today,you can do something about it so you never have to put your wife thru what you have before or go thru it yourself again..The decision is yours,and I hope you come to AA with us and stick with us.I hope you choose life.
Be good to Pat
Old 08-29-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

You have a choice: continue the insanity of doing the same thing over and over again and getting the same results OR doing whatever it takes to follow the solutions to alcoholism that have been and are being presented to you. All you have to do is put half the energy into working a recovery program as you are doing your drinking andyou will have a start at recovering. Imagine what life could be like if you put as much energy into a program of recovery as you are drinking.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Hey Patrick, it's good to see you. I was just thinking about you the other day. I'm glad your okay, aside from the physical damage. I wrecked my mountain bike in a blackout and broke my collarbone and fractured a rib or two. It hurts just to breathe, let alone laugh, cough or sneeze. AA or no AA, you can quit drinking. I've met people from all programs and none that have done it. You just have to want it bad enough and be willing to put forth the effort. I think I want it bad enough this time and I'm thinkin' you do to. You can message me anytime, bro.

Paul
Old 08-29-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see you, Pat - I think of you from time to time, and pray for your recovery.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

You're NOT a fool; just an alcoholic.

Look into a long-term treatment facility. I think you, and your family, would benefit greatly.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
where the light is

Your post reads like step 1.

Simply posting about your latest bender and then dissappearing until the next one will not get you sober. You could lose your wife and so much more.

Go to meetings, get a sponsor, and work the steps. Get started before you convince yourself that it wasn't so bad and that you can control alcohol - you can't. There is a good life within your grasp but you have to work for it.

Do whatever it takes.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hello again Patrick, it's always good to see you posting, and I assume that means you see some hope in what you get from these forums?

The last time you posted I asked if you were "done yet?". You can put an end to the pain and suffering. You never have to feel this way again. Please read what everyone here is telling you, it's the same thing every time you make the choice to pick up again. There's a solution, you can start by not taking another drink again.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thanks to everybody

I feel like this is my rock bottom,its just been strange lately,on tuesday we did a job and the name sounded familiar so i peeked at a picture on the wall and it was an alcohol counselor i went to a while back but dropped out after a few sessions,to drink! he comes home and tells me to call him and make an appt and gives me a biz card,that was like fate cuz ive been trying to stop drinking again lately.

Now last night,I knew or at least felt like it was gonna go bad before i even went into the bar,ignored my gut instinct as though i wanted to get arrested or beat up to make my bottom,i just didnt want both to happen.

If I drink from here on out,my wife WILL absolutely leave,or actually I would leave so she and my son can stay at our home.Im gonna be going back to this psych doc and gonna hit some AA meetings,just to be around others who have been where I am and maybe get a # to call when I get a craving after everything settles and I start thinking in my usual alcoholic thinking pattern of how Im not that bad and will control myself,I cannot control myself,I been trying for way too many years with only failure everytime.

Unfortunately because of my body breaks and bruises Im confined to a recliner so as for taking a long walk is out of the question.I gotta talk to my wife tonight and honestly have nothing to say that she hasnt heard a hundred times before,so I am a loss on what to say when she comes home.

I am an alcoholic,I can NOT quit on my own,I must quit alcohol FOREVER(something that always frightened me).I just want to wake up in the mornings and be a normal person,have a routine,fix up my neglected house and yard and make my family and the world respect me again.

Thanks again,today my mind is boggled because all that happened last night,I never want to feel this again.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Please look into a 30-60-90 day treatment facility Homer.

It's worked, along with AA, for lots of people.
Some people just need that type of structure.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Once again Patrick...
Consider going to a treatment center to
1. safely detox
2. learn how to not drink

Last edited by CarolD; 08-29-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-29-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Fulldresser4

Homer.....I am still not clean but let me tell you this....I relapsed when my DH had already told me one more time and that was it...Well, he wants a divorce and is already having an affair. Do it for them, but more importantly do it for you so you won't lose everything important in your life.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Homer,

It's always good to see you here.

You're right there is nothing you can say to your wife, at this point. The only thing you can do is get sober and stay sober and she will see that.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
where the light is

I read a definition of hitting bottom in one of the Big Book stories:

"You have just lost or are about to lose something more important to you than alcohol."

I was close to losing my family and my job the day I finally woke up, accepted that I am an alcoholic and made the decision to do whatever it takes to quit drinking once and for all. 8 1/2 months later, my family is happy and my job is safe. I do not want to drink (still amazes me to say that). I am enjoying life.

You still have your family, your home, your job, and your health.

Not everyone is as fortunate as we are.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Keep coming back.