Notices

sorry to say,I did it again :(

Old 08-29-2008, 03:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

your incident reminds me of my last drink
Wife was already long gone.
Got a dui while out of town, after leaving the police station was pissed off and depressed with know were to go but a nightclub wich led to getting ruffed up and thrown head first out in the middle of the street by two bouncers. blah blah blah any ways............ checked into a 60 day rehab and got my life back, that was just over a year ago.

get your life back bro
Old 08-29-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IMHomerSimpson View Post
Last night i went to a bar after i was already drunk,got into a huge fight with the bouncers when they asked me to leave,got the crap beat out of me,broken ribs and cuts and bruises all over my body.When the police arrived there were 3 guys trying to hold me down,i didnt resist the officers and was arrested for breach of peace.

This is all because of my alcohol problem,the same ole story ya people been hearing me say for many years,im gonna try aa again.

I somehow wanted something like this to happen to get me to accept the fact that Im an alcoholic and cannot drink alcohol ever again.Im a fool,Ill be the 1st to say it and youre all welcome to agree with no hard feelings from me.

Id have to say my wife will be gone if I drink even 1 more beer,shes been threatening alot lately,i do love her and would be devastated if she left.

wish i was coming here to brag about sober time but im not,just more bad news.

Obviously theres something you like about drinking, or you would not want to drink anymore. Either you like the way it makes you feel, or the way it keeps you from feeling. I know one thing that keeps me still wanting to drink is partly because it keeps me from feeling things when I'm sober, like boredom, anxiety and other thngs. I guess if I want to quit, I have to get used to and deal with these feelings. At least you have a wife, I get lonely too, and that makes it harder to stay stopped.

You already said it though IMHomerSimpson, the price you'll pay to continue drinking is your wife, your family, your life. Think about it, think about it hard, that is a steep price to pay for some temporary good times that turn into a nightmare. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i wanna thank everybody for posting,Im starting a new post since I began my recovery yesterday.

btw,my pains are even worse today
Old 08-30-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Im officially in recovery as of yesterday...

that will be the title of my post^

Last edited by IMHomerSimpson; 08-30-2008 at 05:32 AM. Reason: wrong page
Old 08-30-2008, 05:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Sending some prayers and positive thoughts to you this morning!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

i cant sleep because of the pain from my broken ribs,cannot lay down and havent had much sleep since wednesday night! was gonna go to er but 1)im broke and 2)i know its just broken ribs because ive had this before only not as bad.Im not coughing up blood,and i AM able to breathe ok(cant cough or i think i might die).

Im soooooooo tired too! Im a lil sweaty from not drinking for 48 hours which doesnt help either.Im making myself cough lil coughs as i wrap my arms around my body so i dont get pneumonia or something.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Im making myself cough lil coughs as i wrap my arms around my body so i dont get pneumonia or something.
Patrick, if you use a bed pillow when you cough, it really helps a lot. You might also want to turn the hot water on in the bathroom, put a towel over your head and breathe in the steam for at least 5 minutes, before attempting to cough. That will make the congestion looser and easier to cough out.

Hope you are keeping your promise to yourself on going to meetings.

As to sleep......................................I will tell you what they, the folks in the meetings told me, and yes it pi**ed me off...........................................

"Nobody dies from lack of sleep." And they were right, rofl.

Hang in there Patrick.

Love and hugs,