Notices

second night sober....

Old 08-26-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

second night sober....

and another sleepless night. I miss passing out and getting 8-10 hours of uninterrupted sleep. However, if being slightly tired throughout the day is the worst that I have to deal with, physically, I can deal with it.

I see the therapist for the first time today since leaving the detox center. Should be interesting.

We are now day 9 without alcohol and I just wanted to check in.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Congratulations on 9 days! I'm proud of you!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Keep up the good work! All of these inconveniences in the beginning are so worth what you are striving for. The past 3 years, 1 month and 1 day have been such a Blessing to me. No, Recovery isn't a bed of roses but we learn the tools to make it through life without those nasty thorns sticking us!

I know for me, when I can't sleep, it's because my mind is going in ten different directions, worrying about 20 different things. And you know what? Most all of these things that I would worry about were out of my hands to begin with.

Here comes the Serenity Prayer into play again. . . "Accept the things I cannot change . . . "

If I find myself starting to worry about something, I ask myself one simple question, Is worrying going to change anything? Is my HP sitting there with a little clicker, keeping track of the time I put into worrying and when I reach that mysterious, unknown number, poof! Problem solved. We all know life doesn't work that way. This is where acceptance and turning things over come into play in this addict/alcoholic's life.

You're on day nine now . . . emotions are running wild and you're going to have sleepless nights but remember, no one has ever died from lack of sleep. I imagine in the next day or so, you're going to reach a point where falling asleep isn't going to be any trouble at all and when you fall asleepy, you are going to sleep for a long time!

Keep it Simple, One Day at A Time . . . you're right where you need to be.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 08-26-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on the 9 days, restfull sleep will come in time.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well done on your progress....
Old 08-26-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ever closer...

8-10 hours! Wow I use to wake up at 3 am every morning and not be able to get back to sleep, so i would go ahead and drink a "couple" beers to help me fall back asleep. What a loser I was!!!

It took me about 2 weeks to get a true good night sleep. Now almost 5 months and I sleep like a baby and wake up rested happy and in a great mood.

Glad you are posting and SR is "on" 24/7 and someone is always quick to respond at any hour! Wishing you happy ZZZZZZZZZZ's tonight!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

nice work fug. 9 days is a great start. Congrats!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A third of the way through 30 days. That's how I felt when I hit 10 days. Excellent. You should be getting some sound sleep right around the corner. I'm proud of you also.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jig

Well done Fug.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the awesome work. I'm so glad you shared your experience there and hope you'll continue to do so.

Do you have a plan of action after talking to the counselor? My guess is that is probably what you talked about anyway. Hope things continue to get better. Keep on keepin' on!!!! :atv
Old 08-27-2008, 04:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done and I will watch for your posts to see your progress. peace.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning fug,

How did last night go? I hope it went a little better and that each night sober gets a little bit better for you. I struggle with insomnia even at 4 years so I can empathize with you. I applaud you on what should now be 10 days. That first month for me was the hardest and I admire and respect those going through that!!!!

Hope your appointment went well and I hope you will share what you can with us. You don't realize it but what you did by sharing your detox experience touched countless lives. For those of us that have been sober a while it allowed us to remember what it was like and appreciate that we made it through. For those in early sobriety they can REALLY appreciate it and for those that are still in the disease and for those who lurk, sick and miserable and scared and unwilling or unable to post you shared with them that you can get that demon alcohol off your back. It can be done. For me, I detoxed at home and was terrified of withdrawals. I pray that I never have to experience them again and that is what I had to chant to myself as I went through them. I told myself over and over again when my body and mind were screaming for a drink that if I could just get through this I didn't ever have to go through it again if I didn't CHOOSE to. You, dear fug, with your posts showed people that there are other ways to detox that are less miserable and scary and you may have saved countless lives.

Hope you have a great day today!
Kellye
Old 08-27-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

tremendous, fug
the sleep thing does pass.... and just on that - passing out - it's not real or healthy sleep. you'll see the difference. it's one thing i love about not drinking.

keep going