Notices

The Love Elixir

Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile The Love Elixir

Hi everyone,

I've read through these boards for over a year now, and though I've not been successful in my attempts to quit, I've made progress toward that day...I'm still trying and I know one day I'll be ready and strong enough to stay the course. For today I am sober and excited to remain so!

I wanted to share a recipe that I learned from a former boyfriend who did many tours through high profile rehab clinics for his crack habit. We are no longer together as he is still using...plus he has rage issues on top of it but I digress...but I've remembered this drink which was designed by a detox nutritionist. It's loaded with vitamins and antioxidants, and not only helps with detox, it also fills you with energy and a general feeling of well-being. In all seriousness, the first time I tried it, I felt caffeinated with the extra energy, it's high-octane!

Now that I'm getting sober, I'm committed to drinking this daily for a full month. trust me, it's worth the effort. I apologize that I can't remember the exact amounts of ingredients, but you can't really OD on anything here Just don't go overboard with the Vitamin B.

The Love Elixir (love your body, love yourself)

1/4 sweet potato (scrubbed but with skin on)
1/2 beet (scrubbed with skin on)
1 carrot (scrubbed with skin)
1 banana
Large leaf of kale
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
1 tablespoon liquid Vitamin B complex
handful of lecithin and flaxseed
piece of ginger root, peeled (about half an inch?)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup water
honey (to taste)

Throw this in a blender until smooth and drink up! I should mention that, for optimal results, this should be made fresh every day or every other day. I was told the vitamins lose potency if they're refrigerated for too long. A daily serving is half a batch, which is basically half a blender container.

Hope I didn't forget anything. Good luck everyone. This is a great community and very inspirational.

Last edited by ceregnola; 08-25-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: forgot to add something...
Old 08-25-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR and thanks for the share
Old 08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Best wishes for a new healthy sober future.
Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum
Old 08-26-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ever closer...

Wow! That sounds good for you but alot of work! I am glad that you are here but will stick to my multi vits and B 12 for now!!