Notices

Help!!

Old 08-21-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Help!!

I just got my numbers back and they are really high. One was 241 when 37 is normal and the other is 106 when normal is 35. Please help, I am freaking out. Am I dying? Is it too late for me. I am so scared. PLEASE respond and share your numbers or at least at what stage I am in. Thank you to anyone who responds.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

What does your doctor say?

I have no idea what numbers you are speaking about.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They are running more tests to see if something is causing it. They even said maybe Hep. I am so scared. I can't stop shaking. Can I get cured if I do have Hep?
Old 08-21-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes...you can. There are treatments for Hep C
your doctor will know.

Please try to relax....see what the new test bring out
and begin whatever course of action the doctor tells you.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
God's Kid

:ghug3

Take it easy eh?

I've not had Hep C but I've a ton of friends who have and their diagnoses have varied.

Some have had it, taken the treatment (interfairon, spelt really wrong) then have been cured.

Others have tested positive when the first clean up then after 6 months of clean/sober test negitave.

I even know 1 lady who after 20 years of being clean and sober found out she had it, and had never been diagnosed with it before!

It seems to have a lot of variables. You'll be okay.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

After being in a rehab with several girls that have health issues, once getting them dealt with, they're all doing well. I lived with girls with HIV and Hep C. I have no idea because I'm not in your shoes and I'm sure it's stressful. The girls I lived with stressed about their situations but I do believe that you're going to be ok. Good luck with everything and hope you'll let us know you're ok.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Meadow slow down and just talk to the doctor, one thing that will not help no matter what is freaking out and drinking.

My wife who is not one of us has had Hep C for years and has yet to have a problem due to it. I was diagnosed with a fatty liver which is a precursor to cirrosis of the liver and my liver enzyme levels returned to normal after 90 days of sobriety, the swelling was gone in about 6 months.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

negative

I just got the call and I am negative for hep c and any other problems, besides the fact that my enzyme levels are really high. At least that can be healed as all of you wonderful people have shared with me. I really want to thank everyone for your support! Yesterday was one of the scariest days of my life. Maybe it's exactly what I needed to turn my life around. Again, Thank you all!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I have learned not to project, because when I do I tend to take the mole hill of today and make it into the mountain of tomorrow which never comes.

The serenity prayer is very applicable here, just accept what you can not change (The test results), have the courage to change the things we can (Not drinking).

The results you got today you could not have changed.... today, but by not drinking you can change the next set of results.