Notices

Nervous Wreck

Old 08-20-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Might I suggest if you have not yet read the thread, A New Life, please do so. Here, members are posting their experience with ending their drinking and living free of the booze and the associated insanity. A New Life sounds like what you are searching for and this thread may help. If I can help, please email me.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 08-20-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Guess What - only had a glass of wine last night - had sleepless night etc - had the glass to take the feeling of tight chest away etc. And you all already know it - I felt better today - but stress of the day sent me into auto pilot and am now having glass of wine - need a kick off point - want to start tomorrow - anyone got any ideas of how to go at least a week or 2 without a drink when I will be honest I do love it
Old 08-20-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sure, Stuart, it is simple, don't drink one day at a time. You sound like you could be one of us and of course you still love booze, is it not your best friend? The excuses we all used to drink are really worthless - we drank for the effect, we drank at some point because to not drink would have killed us. Nothing, absolutely nothing made me drink. I made decsions based on what I wanted and I wanted the effect. If eating cabbage would provide the necessary effects, you can bet your a**, I would be a cabbagohlic.

Why quit Stuart?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Dismember

I know the kind of feeling. I never got hangovers when I'd drink. I would just get paranoid: heart racing, suspecting everyone of harboring thoughts against me and keeping mute.

Basically, acting like someone who is insane.

I don't mean to convince you that you should stop drinking. You can decide your own fate, but let me just ask you a question about one thing: why even take a week or two off? If you are planning to resume things again after that time, what are you hoping to gain from this pause?