Notices

Kudzu: your experiences

Old 08-09-2008, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Kudzu: your experiences

I was just reading about the suppliment KUDZU, and what your experiences are with it (if any)

If it simply makes you drink less or feel the effects faster or less, then I dont want anything to do with it

but if it makes you not want to drink in the 1st place (on rough craving days) then Im interested.

thoughts?
Old 08-09-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

....I live in the south .... where it grows wild everywhere.
I've never considered taking it for anything

Feeling better today CW?
Old 08-09-2008, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YES- feeling mostly better.
i dont know if you read in my other post but I finally borrowed some money (no insurance) and saw my family doctor.. he scolded me of course for not coming sooner and how dangerous that was

but he gave me some librium for the anxiety and some stomach settling stuff. wants me to get some bloodwork done when i can afford it to check my liver but i dont think it could be that bad... and i did pretty well.. sleeping a lot. no more dry heaving. and that night I got my appetite back!

last night couldnt sleep but thats NORMAL for me.. slept in til 3pm... moody, sad, and tired off and on but generally better. I even got out of the house and had Carls Jr. with my best friend.

now is just the emotional stuff.. being scared, not knowing if im gonna crave a drink days later.. wondering what im going to do with that time i used drinking, how to fall asleep naturally without booze.. I think im just gonna try to go to the gym a lot.

thanks for checkin up on me tho carol <3
-bj
Old 08-10-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No AA

i actually ordered this because of the my way out book -- people in the book loved it and said it helped with cravings. in my experience....nada. neither it or the l-glutamine did anything for me, unfortunately. while i understand you just can't take a pill and fix an addiction-- i was just looking for a little bit of help with cravings in a more natural supplement way instead of prescription medication which i won't do.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks for your experience. I think id rather have the empowering knowledge that i can kick something myself without having a dependence on something else.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Just take it one day at a time, a minute at a time if you have to. Cravings do not last that long really, 5 - 10 minutes usually, I found cravings a lot easier to deal with early on calling another recovering alcoholic who had been through what I was going through. Just simply knowing I was not alone was a tremendous help.

Glad to hear you are doing better.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I was born and raised in Georgia.

I've seen that stuff eat houses.
Pull down telephone lines ... cover pastures in less than a summer.

I think it'd be great if it actually DID turn out to have some kind of purpose other than destruction, but after all this time ... I kinda doubt it will.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Just take it one day at a time, a minute at a time if you have to. Cravings do not last that long really, 5 - 10 minutes usually
yeah im doing great actually on my day 6.. i went to work and had a good time. there was some anxiety flares but not even bad enough that i had to take the stuff my doc gave me.

but really 5-10 minutes? Mine lasted at least half my shift and after (5 hours?)... is that just because im fresh off the wagon?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

CantWait thinking about drinking for me is different then a really strong craving, that feelinig of "If I do not have a drink right now I am going to croak!" is a bit different then thinking about drinking.

To me thinking about drinking is part of the mental obsession, this does led to cravings and also to justification of having a drink.

Heck I spent a lot of years celebrating sobriety by drinking!!! When I was able to I would go 2 or 3 days with out a drink and then decide "I'm not an alcoholic, I deserve a drink for not drinking!" This always led to another drunk and a few weeks or months later wondering what happened to me not drinking?

Before I got into AA every time I would try and quit all I could do was think about drinking, I would be miserable, irratable, and anxious, this would keep getting worse and worse the longer I went without a drink because all I was doing was not drinking. I have found that in order to stay stopped I needed to not drink and change, I had to change me, I was a drinker in my head whether I was drinking or not, I had to change how I thought and who I was before I was content in life sober.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ever closer...

Maybe if you lay down and let the kudzu cover you up you won't be able to get up to get a drink!!
Early on it just takes sheer will to live a better life! Call people, go to meetings and spend alot of time on this site. In my first weeks I spent liteally hours on this forum.