Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

My Hubby went to his first Alanon meeting last night!

Notices

Old 07-25-2008, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

I have been sober 78 days today.
My husband has been supportive in my recovery and supports my working my program but has not seen that it has much to do with him.

So I have gone along and worked my program to the best of my ability. He has seen the changes and has commented.

I know that Alanon would help him but that has been up to him. He is one of those guys that believes that people should just suck it up and move on. He was raised with a VERY abusive, alcoholic stepfather. The stories are horrific but he feels that you do not dwell on the past and he does not "whine" about his upbringing.

(Sorry I am rambling) Anyway so I brought home some Alanon literature and he read it. He did not comment on it and I did not ask. So then, about a week or so ago, out of nowhere he says "Ok, I'll go" Huh??? Then he says that he is going to go to Alanon so that he can support me in my recovery. Now, I know that is not really what Alanon is about but whatever, he will figure that out on his own and I truly do not know what they do at Alanon.

So he went last night and plans to go back next week so that he does not "seem like a fly by night" guy hehe
It was a riot listening to him complaining about not knowing the lingo and asking why he could not respond to a share with helpful suggestions or questions.