Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

went through a dark night of the soul and came out into the light

Notices

Old 07-11-2003, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i would say i've done some very intense suffering as of late,dark
and oppressive.but then the maddness broke and i seemed to have an epiphany,a sudden intuitive realization about my condition and the direction my life has taken since alcohol ruined my life.i feel different,i haven't drank in almost a week and something has changed in me.i can't really explain it but i feel ready to battle the demon of temptation,and unlike previous attempts,to conquer it instead of being conquered.i failed at this so many times because i had the same mindset,but something has"clicked"and my attitude is different,i don't feel the need or desire to drink.i don't want to go back to my old life,i'm ready for the beauty and challenges of real life.i don't want to be numb and drunkenly depressed anymore.simply put i feel empowered
Old 07-11-2003, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

kindablue

Hold on to that feeling as long as you can, it sounds like either youv'e had a moment of clarity, a spirtual awakening, whatever you want to call it, it is the start of the miracle.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's good news Blue.

I hope it is the beginning of a whole new life for you.Whatever you been doing ....do it some more..
Old 07-11-2003, 10:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey Kindablue,

I know exactly what you are going through. It is amazing how one day you wake up and decide to "smell the roses." You do not know where it came from or how it got there--it is just there. I have recently had, as Oprah would say(Satan's minion that she is! HA HA) a "light bulb moment." You just wake up and decide that you are tired of all the S#!T, and you say F___ this. I will pull a positive out of each and every day, no matter how small. Only then can you deal properly with the "demons" that make you want that drink, or hit, or toke, or whatever.

Anyway, be cool,
J.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Blue,
You wrote:
"i feel ready to battle the demon of temptation,and unlike previous attempts,to conquer it instead of being conquered."

As others have said here, "keep the feeling." Hold on to that feeling. It just might be the courage you need to take the next step.
The only comment I have is about what you said above. I've heard so many times, "I had to surrender to win!" There's no battle in surrender. Surrender means the battle is over. I don't fight temptation, I surrender to the program of AA and to God/Higher Power as I understand Him. I let my HP and AA do the battle for me. I just go to work and do the steps. When I'm actively working the steps and keeping in touch with my HP, I don't have to battle anything or anyone. The problem will be lifted from me. It really happens.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Doug

I'm glad to hear that KB.

Go with that feeling and there will likely be more of those. I have had more than one. Its the begining of living in the solution, rather than living in the problem.

Keep coming back, keep posting!

Old 07-12-2003, 08:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Wow! That is a lightbulb moment!

Listen to what Music says, he's right on!