SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   A DUI checkpoint (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/153133-dui-checkpoint.html)

Texasblind 07-05-2008 03:51 PM

A DUI checkpoint

So I'm on the phone last night with a fellow member of SR. We're talking, we're trying like hell to stay sober together and I get stopped at a DUI checkpoint.

Higher Power, have I ever been so grateful for not being drunk.

"Have you had anything to drink tonight?"

"No sir." And I could say it with a straight face. Best feeling ever.

Ananda 07-05-2008 04:22 PM

see my photo album of my car in a ditch....yes stone cold sober....the whole neiborhood got a kick outa that one!

tommyk 07-05-2008 06:59 PM

When I first quit drinking I would drive miles out of my way just to go through a DUI checkpoint.

If I heard there was going to be one I would be sure to be there.

(Just one way to celebrate recovery, huh?)

lizw 07-05-2008 07:48 PM

I like it at check points when they ask

so when was the last time you had a drink?

Oh, nearly 10 years ago....

Lol.

:day4

tommyk 07-05-2008 08:54 PM

One time I pulled up to a DUI checkpoint on my Harley, late at night, I was revving the engine kind of loud (like an idiot), sort of inviting the cop to breath test me. One of the other cops laughed, said he knew me from the gym, knew I didn't drink at all, and told the first cop not to bother. We all laughed and they waved me on through.

Ahhhh, the joys of sobriety. ;)

TTOSBT 07-09-2008 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by tommyk (Post 1825442)
When I first quit drinking I would drive miles out of my way just to go through a DUI checkpoint.

If I heard there was going to be one I would be sure to be there.

(Just one way to celebrate recovery, huh?)

I LOVE this! What a riot!!!!

Tazman53 07-10-2008 04:32 AM

The last check point I went through I was driving my sponosr back from a speaking engagement, we saw the check point and started laughing, the cop asked us where we were coming from and when I told him we had just left an AA speaking engagement where my sponsor spoke he laughed and told us "Get out of here!" What an awesome feeling!

Time2Surrender 07-10-2008 05:04 AM

Next time you hit a check point try this.......

Three guys are riding in their truck, drinking beer, having a good ol' time. The driver looks in the mirror and sees the flashing lights of a police car so he pulls over. The other two are real nervous, "What do we do with our beers? We're in trouble!" "No," the driver says, "just do this: pull the label off of your beer bottle and stick it to your forehead and let me do the talking." So they all pull the labels off their beer bottles and stick 'em to their foreheads. The policeman walks up and says, "You boys were swerving down the road. Have you been drinking?" The driver says, "Oh, no officer," and points to his forehead, "we're on the patch, trying to quit." :skillet

justanothrdrunk 07-10-2008 07:51 AM

I almost wish I lived in a state where checkpoints were legal. FYI - MN does not allow random checkpoints.

A friend and I have often joked about what would happen if we were ever pulled over and asked if we were drinking. I think might be hard for me not to bust out laughing. I'm sure the po-po would love that!