Notices

Final Bottom

Old 09-07-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Here's some interesting statistics I found on google :
Each year it kills 40,000 Americans. It can damage and destroy every organ in the body, scarring and pocking the liver until it looks like a lump of drying lava, laying waste to the heart, pancreas, arteries, throat, and stomach, snuffing out receptors in the brain. Every year alcoholism costs our country over $80 billion, is implicated in 30 percent of suicides and 46 percent of teen suicides, and is a factor in one of four hospital admissions. No wonder it has long been decried as not far removed from original sin.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi guys Thank you for all of your kind posts. Today was 5 days sober. I've been to 4 meetings in the five days. Taking it minute by minute. I am going to bed now, and I will not drink on the way to bed, so I think I'm safe... lol. Tomorrow is a new day with new challenges. I will wake up tomorrow with a clear mind ready to meet them.

Good luck all!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hope you slept well, congrats on the sober time. I spent a lot of years relapsing trying to stay sober my way, I would go a few days, up to a week without a drink and some how would convince myself that I should celebrate my sobriety with a few drinks!!! Talk about crazy!!!!

Well I kept that up until I could not even go a day without a drink physically. What got me sober finally was surrendering to the fact I could not get sober on my own. I went through a medical detox to get sober and then I went to AA. AA is not the only way to maintain sobriety, but it is what worked for me.

Glad to hear you are going to meetings, keep going back to them, at first many of them made little sense to me, but the longer I was sober the more sense they made to me. It also took me a few months to find a core group of meetings I liked. There werew some meetings I despised and did not go to for a long time. I am not sure if the meetings changed or I did, but some of those meetings I did not like, I do now.