Notices

Back from another 10 month bender

Old 06-21-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey - glad you made it through the nite ... that's not nothing Ruch! I am in AA, and I too struggled with the god stuff. So..it does say Higher power works and that is what i use a power greater than "self". There are lots of hps used in aa by people...your niche doesn't have to be the same as someone elses. pm me anytime i don't mind at all and sometimes it helps to talk about the struggle

I remember that it took me a long time for my way through the steps to become effective and until then "dont drink if your a$$ falls off" was the kinda thing i had to work on. I was worried about you last night cause your right ... you were definately "white knuckling it" through that one...but that isn't bad...some of us still have moments of this when the whole consious contact with our HP thing is out of wack....as a human being i believe those moments will always happen for me.

You are doing great Ruch and so glad to see you here, see you looking for answers and doing the deal!:ghug
Old 06-21-2008, 09:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

ruch,

Good to hear from you as well. For 25 plus years, I was at the place where you are now. I was a return to drinking fiend! I never got full of booze until a few years ago the notion took hold that I could really stop forever, if I finally just accepted that I had had all the booze I would ever need.

The idea of something greater than me was not easy, but I made it a point to get on my knees in a quiet place and search for anything that I could lean on and learn from. I found something greater and because of ease, I call him God. Everything in this life was on the line for me; I did not truly want to place from this life. I wanted if possible, a new life. No religion involved! No baloney involved! Just me and good orderly direction.

It worked and I know few Drunks who were as bad as I still alive. You can too. If you know you are full of booze, you too can reach for the healing touch of something greater than you and be relieved of the misery of your old life. I believe until you can...OK?
Old 06-21-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ruch,

You are a blessed person, you have your Father to lean on! I don't think you suck at this not drinking thing, you may suck at this thinking thing!

John