Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

dealing with pain and emotionally charged thoughts

Notices

Old 07-07-2003, 03:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am going through an horrible time as of late.my emotions and state of mind are totally in a state of disarray.my girlfriend as i have posted previously has left me for my best friend,and i can't get it out of my mind.i can't stop thinking about,i can't sleep,i'm all over the map internally.i don't know how to put this behind me and to have this negative attack on my psyche to subside,and let me be at peace.coming of a three day bender has made things totally worse,but i haven't drank in two days now.i know to drink is to dredge up the bottom,it will make it worse.i need release from this,how?
Old 07-07-2003, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lightbulb Hi Blue

reciepe for healing.

Pray for those who upset you....daily and for 2 weeks.

Congratuations on your 2 days sober...
Old 07-07-2003, 06:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hello Blue,

I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. These things do hurt. I'm glad you're
not drinking over it because it will only make things worse.

I agree with Carol. Praying for those who have upset and hurt you is a way of turning
negative thoughts into positive ones. I don't know what I would do without prayer. Well,
actually I do know. I would cultivate negative emotions into still greater depression.
But like many things in life, the simple things are not necessarily the easiest. I can
remember, in the beginning, how difficult it was to pray for the people that had hurt
me. But it does get easier. The power of a positive action is awesome.

Best wishes to you.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Kindablue,I know how painful this is for you but time is the only known remedy for what you are going through.

Many people find comfort in prayer and meditation and turning our troubles over to the care of a Higher Power.

As painful as these things are the only way to get over it is to go through it.One thing I am glad you already realize is that taking a drink now will definately make things worse.

Drinking has a way of interrupting the natural process of pain, healing and growth and will forever keep us in the mire of self pity and regret.

Read books,watch movies,listen to music....but dont pick up that drink.

Please stay in touch and always keep in mind that: "This too shall pass."
Old 07-08-2003, 12:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

This will pass. Next year at this time you most likely won't remember what you were so upset about. Getting high will make any situation seem like the end of the world. If you can find it within yourself to stay sober for a couple of months, I guarantee you'll see things differently.