Notices

Putting in the Action doing well!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Putting in the Action doing well!

Hi all, i wrote a week back about how i relapsed after 4 months. I was uspet and shame, anger, fear and remorse were all back. But i am pleased to say i am moving forward and doing everything suggested to me to keep sober 1 day at a time!
Its not been easy sharing at meetings, using the phone and all the other things that i never did because of fear, but i know i have to push through it because if i dont continue wiht the action i wont stay sober. I've tried half measures and it doesnt work- for me.
I am just very grateful right now- i genuinely belivie God is doing for me what i cannot do for myself, i do feel as though a spiritual exp is taking place- and i know that saounds all dramatic but i am just being honest. I want people to know this does work if u work it! I have a long way to go, but a day at a time i am happily recovering. I know its not about being ecstatic all the time- becuase i havnt been- as i say its not been easy but its deffo a MASSIVE improvemnet on how i felt when i drank, or even wehn i was in reovery but not putting in the action and effort required -for me- to stay sober. Thanks to eveyrone at SR too for threads and comments- i get a lot of help and inspiration here.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing this unigirl. Its great to hear that you've picked yourself up and are moving forward again.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounding good Uni!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

thanks stone and caraway I'm not feeling so great this morn - got a 12 hour shift ahead of me but going to keep doing what im doing and keep up the positivity! Have a gd day!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Uni keep on keeping on, the road to sobriety is not a smooth one, the pebbles on the road in early sobriety seem like boulders!!! The good thing I have found is the longer I am sober the smaller the boulders are and the easier they become to get past as long as I am working my program. Heck I have days where I skip down that road now, but life goes on and caca happens....... I have some bad days, but by applying my program and staying sober those bad days pass far quicker then they used to.

I have not had anything major like a death or divorce pop up yet, but I have seen more then one person in the rooms go through pure dee hell in thier lifes and not pick up a drink by working their programs they come out on the other side, thier experience gives me hope that when the really bad times come I too will be able to walk through the same hell I have seen them walk through.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I slipped last weekend after almost three weeks sober. Now Im starting over again. I think I slipped cause I have learned fully how to handle stress in my life. I also think that I have to do the first step every day, not just once, cause when I drank again I did not think of how powerless I really am over alcohol. So now I'm doing the first step every day to remind myself not to drink.

Really glad about your sobriety! Together we can do this.:ghug:ghug3:praying
Old 06-06-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great work Unigirl......