Notices

Same old.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ms. Heidi

Same old.

Hey I'm here again. The only place I feel safe. Once again I have a story to tell. I've been going through alot but worst of all is with my family. I don't want to give details but if you were in my shoes you'd drink too. I understand that i cannot justify my problems by blaming someone else but I do think its my family that causes alot of stress on me. Even my boyfriend and I fight all the time because of it. He at times makes me feel really bad about my self and the way I look. Growing up I always thought a man that was a gentlemen was a man. He acts like a child. I just have alot on my shoulders now. Its sad things are like this. I wish everything was different. Too late now. Hopefully I figure something out. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi Gwen!

I remember you.

Last edited by barb dwyer; 05-23-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hello again gwen - sorry about that - I'm at work and a team of adolescent softball players and their estatic parents just came to check in.
Nothing like a couple of dozen egos right in your face to make you forget you're online.

Now:
I think you were saying something
about something being a reason to drink?
Old 05-23-2008, 10:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Gwen...sorry to know your still drinking.

I dumped my lover to protect my sobriety.
He survived and I thrrived in recovery.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Gwen,
Welcome back to SR. I'm glad you feel safe here. You don't deserve to be treated badly by your boyfriend. You don't deserve to punish yourself by drinking. I see more reasons to stop drinking than to continue... it must be dragging you down. Most of us don't come to this forum because we are successful drinkers. Do you want to get sober again?
chip
Old 05-23-2008, 11:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Even my boyfriend and I fight all the time because of it. He at times makes me feel really bad about my self and the way I look.
I know you don't think so..............................but you are worth so much more than that. No one can make you drink. You can decide not to just for today, then call AA. No one, and I certainly am not saying that you have to stay with AA, however, it is a very Safe Haven, where you can meet new friends that ARE LIVING SOBER and who will share with you how they do it.

Even my boyfriend and I fight all the time because of it. He at times makes me feel really bad about my self and the way I look.
Yes, we all have stress, and those are excuses. Alcohol gives us the freedom not to deal with the stress until it wears off and we then find the problem hasn't gotten better but worse during the time we were lost in the alcohol.

Please give AA a try, or if you feel you need some regimentated confinement to get a grip give the Salvation Army a call, they have an EXCELLENT program and it's FREE.

If you are ready, there are options out there for you, and a condescending boyfriend need not be.

Please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing, we do care very much.

Love and hugs,
Old 05-24-2008, 02:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back Gwen.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ever closer...

Gwen, use all that stress and negative things against them...just repeat to yourself...you can't make me drink, I am worth more.
When my hubby is passed out on the couch when I come home from work, when he gets unneccesarily mad and yells at me or my daughter, when he is drinking beer while mowing the lawn, when he comes home with a beer in his hand I just think to myself over and over you can't take my sobriety!!
Meetings would be great for you, you need to get away from all those posion people if only for an hour or two.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Gwen, glad you're feeling safe here on SR! :ghug
Old 05-24-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back Gwen! You don't need all that negativity... so don't accept it. Easier said than done, I know all too well, but we have to learn new ways of living, not just not drinking. I am not drinking, one day at a time, but I'm also learning a better way of living, one day at a time.

:ghug3
Old 05-24-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Gwenlady;1781492] I don't want to give details but if you were in my shoes you'd drink too. QUOTE]

Im sorry but, no I would not.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Gwen, welcome back -- sorry you are going through all this 'stuff.'

I have to call you on something, though -- and agree with another post... NO, I would not drink if I were in your shoes...

Let me share something here. I have gone through more 'stuff...' BAD stuff, in sobriety than when I was drinking. Here's a partial list:
1. My Mom passed away
2. My Mother-in-Law (who I loved dearly) passed away
3. Edited (to pull out some details on these issues)-- I am involved in some legal issues (which are also connected to some very hurtful family issues), in which my entire financial future and home are in jeopardy.
5. I have 2 chronically ill children (Diabetes) who require daily care (injections, etc.).

MOST IMPORTANT?

I AM SOBER. I most certainly do NOT have to drink over anything. Go get a book called "You Can't Make Me Angry" by Dr. Paul O. (He wrote "Acceptance Was the Answer" in the back of the Big Book ~4th Ed.~). People, places and things do not get us drunk, we do.

You can stay sober. You can face the tough stuff in life on life's terms, without alcohol. One Day at a Time, and with God's Grace....

Just wanted you to know that someone else out there is having some rough spots too, but all in all Life is Good, but only sober for me... if I ever pick up a drink, life goes downhill... FAST. So I do what I am supposed to do every day; "the next right thing," and I don't ever get it perfect, but I leave the results up to God -- and have to accept them whatever they are.

God grant me the Serenity
to Accept the things I cannot change...
the Courage to change the things I can....
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

NMB
Old 05-24-2008, 08:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome Back!