Notices

Great story from last nite's lead

Old 05-20-2008, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Great story from last nite's lead

A father had just come home from work and wanted nothing more than to relax and read the paper. His young son, seven or eight years old, wanted to throw the softball in the back yard and was bugging dad to put down the paper and play with him. Dad thought of a great plan to be able to keep reading his paper: he took a picture of the earth from an ad in the paper and tore it into small pieces and told the boy that as soon as he could put the pieces together to reconstruct the picture of the world they could play ball.

Dad thought son was too young to be able to do that without spending a lot of time on it, so settled back to reading his paper. A short time later the boy came to him, again asking to play ball. Dad asked him if he'd put the picture back together already and son said yes. Dad couldn't figure out how his young son could have done it so quickly and asked him. The boy said, "I just turned the pieces over and on the back was a picture of a man. I just put the man back together and the world fell into place."

Out of the mouths of babes...
Old 05-20-2008, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I have heard that before, the message still rings true!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Least - I've been busy and not on line much but I just wanted to say hi and welcome home!