Notices

Back after a long time away

Old 06-11-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Nanita you get snow and here it was over 100 degrees yesterday!!!! LOL Your plants freeze and mine cook!!! LOL
Old 06-13-2008, 04:20 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Taz - 100 degrees!!! I can't imagine heat like that. We ended up with 3 inches of snow and yes, my plants froze. Yesterday we got all the way up to 40 and the snow is gone. Hoping for 60's for the w/e - how exciting!

Well, I'm still in tapering off mode - not quite there, but doing well. I know it should've been over by now, but I ended up being one of those few people in the U.S. to contract salmonella from tomatoes. I've been so sick that it was hard to differentiate salmonella symptoms for withdrawal symptoms, so I just played it safe and drank a little each day to avoid the possiblity that it was withdrawals - still unsure whether I was having w/d or not! I lost 5 pounds the first 3 days and am now on day 5. They say it runs its course in 4 - 7 days. As much as I'm enjoying the weight loss, I'm really tired of severe abdominal cramps and having such a close relationship with the throne. Watch those tomatoes, guys - this is no fun!

Anyway, hoping today will be the tail end of the salmonella and I can move forward with getting the remaining bit of alcohol out of my system. Now, that is exciting!!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
DKS
Glad to be here

Gosh Nanita, I'm sorry to hear about the salmonella. There's nothing I hate worse than stomach symptoms like that. It's scary all the places salmonella/e-coli are turning up (spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, etc). Vegetables are supposed to be the best thing for you but it's bad when they can make you sick or kill you. It's time to re-plant my aerogarden and start growing my own salads again... Good luck with getting over the salmonella and finishing the tapering.