Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Losing inspiration to take the time to read and post...

Notices

Losing inspiration to take the time to read and post...

Old 05-21-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You Can't Lose What You Already Have

What if I said that you can't lose inspiration?

Think about it-take the word and break it down: in-spiration. Inspiration doesn't come from with out, it comes from within, in-spirit, get it? It is always there, but sometimes I am blocked from it. All I need to do is some work to get rid of what blocks me. Some inventory, read that inventory to another human being, maybe some amends are in order. Cultivate my prayer life and be of service.

I recently underwent a period of aridity and stagnation. Resentment and self-pity were blocking me from the sunlight of the spirit. I became cynical. So I did the work described above, went and found a few new guys to work with and life is new and fresh again. I have went from "Where's mine?" to being awed by the immensity of what is mine.

I can't "find God." I can't get closer to God. It is impossible to get closer to what is closer to me than my next breath, what is closer to me than me. All I can do is take the action to remove what blocks me and wake up to what is always there.
Jim
Old 05-21-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jimhere View Post
What if I said that you can't lose inspiration?

Think about it-take the word and break it down: in-spiration. Inspiration doesn't come from with out, it comes from within, in-spirit, get it? It is always there, but sometimes I am blocked from it. All I need to do is some work to get rid of what blocks me. Some inventory, read that inventory to another human being, maybe some amends are in order. Cultivate my prayer life and be of service.

I recently underwent a period of aridity and stagnation. Resentment and self-pity were blocking me from the sunlight of the spirit. I became cynical. So I did the work described above, went and found a few new guys to work with and life is new and fresh again. I have went from "Where's mine?" to being awed by the immensity of what is mine.

I can't "find God." I can't get closer to God. It is impossible to get closer to what is closer to me than my next breath, what is closer to me than me. All I can do is take the action to remove what blocks me and wake up to what is always there.
Jim
now THIS re-inspires me! Yay, Yim!