Notices

To DRINK or NOT to DRINK....

Old 05-13-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To DRINK or NOT to DRINK....

Not drink. Just lil me voicing an opinion. But there is something that is no longer fun about drinking once you admit yer an alcoholic. It's like even the people you partied with before just step aside and say..."That one is the reason I should go now". Like you ruined it for EVERYBODY else. I was a huge drinker...Miller even hired me to manage the "key" accounts in Oakland, CA. I hired the Miller girlz...spent endless afternoons hanging up neons in dark dingy bars...and got hammered EVERY NIGHT! Had to...it was part of my job. I even had a cool Miller van that I crashed...and theyy put back together with NO QUESTIONS!?! It actually ruined drinking fer me. Once I HAD to get drunk...it just seemed so contrived. Like calling up a couple of prostitues to come over and have a threesome. Just not cool. So...here I am...SOBER today. Looking back on all the fun times and still mulling over 'em. Wish I had done that...wish I didn't do this...blah blah blah. Kidz make it hard to be a mess on a Wednesday morning now. Especially when they have to go to school. Can't wreak of booze when the teacher is saying lil Johnny won't pay attention in class...no matter what yer hair looks like.
Now I avoid weddings and funnerals...unless they are dry ones. And me being half Irish...it's few and far between the one's I do attend because of THAT rule. It's okay though. Rather be SOBER and see whats going on today. And know when to go home...alone....or how I'm even gonna get home. It's nice to drive thru a Sobriety Check Point and not sweat bullets....
So...SOBER today...all day...just for today....ONE DAY AT A TIME!
LOVE YOU SOBER PEOPLE!!! THANK YOU!
The Bitz
Old 05-13-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Not Drink-N-Drug for me as well.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

I have heard people in meetings say "AA ruined drinking for me". Unfortunately not having fun is not a good enough reason for some of us to stop drinking. My drinking was "ruined" for well over a decade and I just kept drinking more and more.

I agree with you about how it feels good to not worry about things we had to when we were drinking. My PO came by the other night right in the middle of the Jazz/Lakers playoff game and I just looked at him and told him coming over during the game was harassment. He new I wasn't drinking and it felt good to be able to joke around with somebody I used to fear.

LOVE YOU back bitz.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

PO'ed at the PO

YEAH! I feel dat! PO's would always stop by my jobsite when I was rehabing homes in Savannah, GA. Most of my damn crew would get THAT courtroom slump...you know the one I'm talkin about...head low shoulders turned in...guilty as hell...but PLEASE have mercy. No biggie. I would just tell 'em the guys were working hard...and hid the cooler on the down low. THANK GOD! They never stopped by on a Friday after 2pm...Maybe they just didn't feel like doing all the paperwork that they would have too....
Funny thing was...NOBODY COULD PASS THE PIZZ TEST....EVER! I actually sat there and tried to explain my LOVE and DEVOTION for the poppy seed muffin I made everybody eat every morning...Yeah... I got the same look from the PO...along with a long winded.."shhhhhooo"...
ANYTHING to keep my workers a workin....it's hard out there in the hard scramble of life...I FEEL YA!
LOVE YA BACK AGAIN!
The Bitz!