Notices

Prayer request

Old 05-12-2008, 10:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Prayer request

For those of you that pray, I simply ask for a prayer for me bc I am going to the dentist tomorrow for a sore on the side of my tongue that scares me. I have been a dipper for about 10 years, and a heavy drinker for about 5. I had a tooth with a filling that broke about four year ago and it was at a time when i really couldnt take off work. I let it go, and the dentist didnt seem to mind, but now the sore that it caused on my tongue still hasnt healed. I seems to heal in that i dont have any problems, but them when i get really stressed, like this week when my dog had surgery, it comes back. Am I being crazy? Is this just a recurring ulcer that is stress induced? Does anyone else have these types of oral lesions? Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I can identify with the anxiety of wondering. I just got some test results today that weren't great and I'm also facing more tests. So once again, that fear of the unknown can creep up rather quickly. I had taken my Faith back briefly from God. I realized today, thanks to a thread on here, that I need to turn it back over to Him. Put everything in His Hands, where it belongs.

I'll pray for you and let us know how things turn out, ok?

God Bless,
Judy
Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

No I have not had that happen to me.
I'm so glad you are having it checked.

Prayers for healing and comfort coming your way.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I have no experience with tongue sores but both you and Judy will be in my prayers.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ever closer...

Praying I type
Old 05-13-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Praying for you WantToNeedTo.

My son used to get mouth ulcers quite regularly. He's grown up now and doesn't get them so often, but avoids things like chewing gum. I took him to the doctors once and the doctor said some people are just prone to them (the doctor himself said he got them too) and that there was nothing to worry about. Maybe its a hereditary thing because his father used to get them too. I think stress can make them worse.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WantToNeedTo & Judy,
Praying for you both.
Fallin
Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Relapse is not an option!

Said alittle prayer for both of you.
Stay strong!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

*prayers*
Old 05-14-2008, 05:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm saying a prayer for you WantToNeedTo! You too Serenity!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wishing you the best and sending prayers your way. It sort of sounds like a cankersore. Please keep us posted.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi there! I have gone through several phases in my life with terrible canker sore outbreaks. Stress is definitely a contributing factor, and so is any mouth product you use with sodium laurel sulfate in it. Almost all toothpastes have it so you have to search at the store to find one that doesn't. It sounds crazy but when I stopped using toothpaste with that stuff in it and started using Listerine twice a day my outbreaks almost totally went away.

Anyway, good luck and prayers to you...
Old 05-15-2008, 01:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just to get you great friends up to date, the dentist said again that he didnt see any reason for concern. But he said he couldnt explain it, and I told him that I wanted to try and find out what it is and why it is there and causing pain, so he has referred me to an oral surgeon. I go to see him today at 2:45, so I appreciate the prayers very much!! I have been able to stay calm on because of them I believe. I am hoping that the oral surgeon say what the dentist did, that it is nothing to worry about, but I still want to find out what the pain is from. Especially since I have a swollen gland on the same side and ear pain too. I will definately be here to let you all know what he says! Thanks again for the prayers and keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Prayers still being said, keep us informed.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You know WanttoNeedto, maybe some Valtrax will fix you up just find. Best to you.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

- well?
Old 05-15-2008, 11:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

well, I dont really feel that much better, lol. Worst part is I really feel like I need a dip right now! Anyways, the surgeon didnt seem all taht concerned with the spot on the tongue, said it may be a gland or something. However, he did see a spot or two on my gums, which i wasnt even there for him to check, that he says he thinks he needs to biopsy(sp?). So, now I am freaking out again bc they arent gonna biopsy them till June, and I wont know the results for two weeks after that! So, I would just appreciate a simple prayer that when I get there for the procedure he doesnt see anything anymore!! Well it is a good thought, right? lol. Anyways, thanks for the continued support and prayers!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Obsessed Pug Momma

Oh honey, I know you're worried sick and it seems like an awfully long wait until you can get the relief you're waiting for. I haven't had the same problem you have, but I've had serious issues where I had to wait a long time for life-changing information. I know the fear that comes with that. I kept myself busy with whatever positive distractions I could find and I talked about it as much as I needed to. Probably drove some people nuts, but I did what I had to do. And got through it. Keep us posted. Much love.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

they arent gonna biopsy them till June
You will remain in my prayers hon, but the time to worry is when they say:

We need you to check into the hospital tonight.
Just relax, we have an ambulance coming now.
I read some where that over 90% of biopsy come back negative and that the 10% that do come back positive 90% of them are benign, if you are into math you can figure out the odds, I am not, but the odds of it being anything bad are slim to none!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

(Praying for you now) Hang in there I'm sure you'll be fine. My wife gets stuff like that all the time.