Notices

Are you the Town Drunk?

Old 05-09-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RufusACanal View Post
...and maybe it is semantics. Uniqueness in learning how to live free iin recovery is dangerous. There is nothing unique about the challenges each Alcoholic in recovery faces if they rely on the Power of a Greater Being and their friend's ESH. If you need to be unique, then you might want to inventory and speak to your Sponsor.
Just as well I'm not relying on a greater being for my recovery then, cos I don't believe in one - I'd be in trouble then wouldn't I?

I'm doing this myself, no sponsor, no program - I have the full support of my family and friends and the support of SR - all of which I'm really grateful for.

I'm enjoying the longest (and only) spell of sobriety in my life and I'm working hard at looking forward to each new day, free from the shackles that booze had me in.

I'm in control of my life again at last and I'm never looking back.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

In the early days...Among my friends, we would each buy a 6 pack. They would drink 2, maybe 3 of their 6. I would drink my 6 and start on theirs.
Among them...well when they started holding tight to their 6 packs for the whole night... you get the picture.

hmmm Maybe I saved them from themselves. Not one of them caught up to me. The brothers of a couple of them passed me but I think that is because I had seen the light and stopped.

I don't think I could make Town Drunk. I wouldn't have been able to live long enough if I kept on drinking. There but the grace of God is the only reason I lived through those years as it was.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

RK2007,

Very good! Maybe you are not so unique after all...thank you for your honesty and best to you in your new life.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RufusACanal View Post
RK2007,

Very good! Maybe you are not so unique after all...thank you for your honesty and best to you in your new life.
I am you know.

But thanks, and hey, maybe you're more unique than you think.

All the best, and wishing you a good recovery too.