Notices

Day 11 And Dare I Say It...

Old 04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11 And Dare I Say It...

... I actually woke up today feeing pretty darn good for a change!

No excessive exhaustion... no headache... I feel alert and in the mood (for the first time in weeks) to exercise!

A miracle for sure.

I should also mention that in the past, Day 11 would be when I would decide to start drinking again... I would think I was "recovered" and go out and get a bottle to celebrate.

Well, that's definitely not going to happen today... I have no desire to drink, in fact. I'm also planning to attend two meetings this evening and tonight!

I spent some time last night thinking about how sick I made myself with alcohol in the past month or so. I mean SICK. And it really hit me that I really do not want to do that to myself ever again. That I actually can't do it again. I cannot ever put myself through withdrawals ever, ever again!

I am very happy and hopeful right now. If anyone here has read my posts for the past several weeks, you will know this is a true miracle and blessing.

:bounce
Old 04-29-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So happy to hear that! Keep that great attitude (DONT FORGET) and you are gonna be fine. I felt great though and then it got rough around 2 weeks again, so please stay on the right path no matter what highs and lows you experience. It levels out.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

So glad things are going better for you

Everday isn't sunny and bright

But Recovery is a Pot of Gold!

Love Ya
Judy
Old 04-29-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 04-29-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
[†]ѕну-ѕмаllz[†]

that is actually very great I hope for the best for u and u keep it up good work and think positive ..... GREAT JOB im proud of you.....
Old 04-29-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Way to go! Keep up the good work!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep I know I am on that "pink cloud" as they call it and that it won't last forever.

But I'm enjoying it while it lasts!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Stunning! Well done you're doing great,superstar!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Arrrggghhhhh it's nearly 5am here and I cannot sleep!!! I've been tossing and turning for the past 2 hours, going out of my mind. I have had itchy-skin syndrome all evening and night, which isn't helping matters. (Which I've gotten in the past after stopping drinking). I've tried every sleep remedy known to mankind (except for drinking Nyquil or taking benedryl, which I refuse to do).

Sorry, just had to rant... I guess I'm off to bed to toss and turn for a few more hours.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Sobergirl that is awesome, sorry you are now having a bit of insomnia, but as you are finding out things keep getting better and better overall the longer you are sober.

A miracle for sure.
When ever I want to see a miracle I do one of 2 things, I either go to an AA meeting or I look in the mirror!!! For someone like me after 40 years of drinking to go over 19 months sober is a miracle and I owe it all to the fellowship of AA and the 12 steps of AA which led me to a HP of my understanding.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the insomnia... I need to make sure I don't nap and don't fall asleep too early if I don't want to wake up in the wee hours and toss and turn. The itchies never help either. But it will pass. And as annoying as a lousy morning of sleep is, once you are up, at least you won't be hungover all day.

Keep up the good work!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ever closer...

SoberGirl
Day 18 here and I still can't sleep through the whole night. Some of it I have decided is just life. I know as we get older we need less sleep. now that I am sober if I go to bed too early, like 9pm, I am awake by 3am. I try to stay up till about 11pm, most spent on the internet, and then I can usually sleep till about 6am. No suprise though I am so much more rested and full of energy than I was when i passed out and spent as much of the day as possible doing nothing but drinking and napping!
BeingJenAgain