Notices

Here we go....Day One has started

Old 06-10-2008, 05:49 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Gold Member

That is why we do not pick up the first drink because we then become powerless over the next ones even if they are days later. One drink can lead to the cycle again and again. I hope you do not throw in the towel! I would say be strong,but I found to surrender and become meak is the best way. Never could do anything by will power alone.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
TruthJustice

Originally Posted by ken67 View Post
Still here, still sober.

It's hard, really hard.
I miss the feeling.....the buzz, the numbness.........

I'm feeling a case of the phuk-it's coming on......
I still miss it to, but I don't miss the regrets, the shame, and the hangover. You know what they say, "You never regret not drinking."

Also wanted to congratulate you on throwing the booze down the drain - if I had a sip and then a gulp like that - lights out for me I'm on my way to Margaritaville (or more likely Vodkaville). Be proud of that my friend - you may not see it, but your strength is coming back.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I didn't give in......still sober, one more day at a time.

Meeting tonite at 6pm, then meeting with my sponsor for an hour afterwards.
Gonna go mow the lawn now before it rains.

That's a trigger right there.....I used to put a biiiiig drink on the air conditioning unit and take a swig or three when I rode by while mowing.....it seems that part of the lawn was mowed over 10 times more than the rest!!!

My yard usually took about a pint-and-a-half of whiskey to mow.....today it will be ice-tea mixed with lemonade.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:39 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Ken I can relate to drinking and mowing!!! LOL I kept a 12 pack hanging on the fence and had the trash can in the drive way for the empties, I would kill a 12 pack easy just mowing the front and side yards. I did a whole lot of unneeded mowing as well.

Today I am amazed at how quickly I can mow the lawn and then relax.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:53 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Ken, keep sharing... I'm going through a similar situation, the obsession and cravings have been awful. It helps to know there is someone else in early sobriety going through the same things... you are not alone! I spent 5 hours driving another AA member around town today to help her do errands and watch her kids while she was trying to get some appliances for her home... it's one of the only things that kept me sober today.

Tomorrow, I am attending an AA meeting at a women and children's shelter. I have promised rides to 2 other AA women who do not have cars but want to go. That will keep me sober until at least 7pm. After that, if the obsession persists, I will drive to my sponsor's house until liquor stores close (9pm here).

I am trying to keep myself busy with "service" work - which includes helping other people in the program. I'm looking into going to meetings in a teen rehab center next week... and a detox center the last week of the month.

Perhaps you can try something like that? Or just do something to help someone each day? The days that I help someone, the desire to drink is lessened considerably... sometimes gone completely.

Hang in there, and keep updating!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:22 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Just a quick note to say Hi, I'm still here, still sober, and still struggling......
Old 06-17-2008, 06:15 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

struggle on my friend. Still there... still sober... that's what will get easier. And the struggle becomes a nudge and works it's way back from there.

Hang in there Ken.