Notices

Life is beautiful

Old 04-26-2008, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life is beautiful

I am usually on the friends and family forum but I wanted to share a beautiful moment of recovery with members of this forum.

My ABF came out of 6 weeks rehab and is in aftercare at present doing very well. Together with some of his "rehab friends" we met last night for a dinner at a restaurant. I was the odd one out but felt absolutely ok. We had a dinner with much laughter and really great moments.

I was just reflecting how great all these people were when one asked me how I felt about being "Normal" with all of them ;-)

I shared my feeling and asked them if they would have imagined prior their recovery to have been able to laugh and have that much fun WITHOUT any substance. There were approving nods and happy answers. It was such a great feeling and I was so happy for them (and myself) and can imagine that we will have many more occassions of sharing great moments together

I hope you all can have those moments!
Old 04-26-2008, 03:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Blessings to both of you....
Old 04-26-2008, 03:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Hi Angel!

My first thought when I read this thread is that even though you are not the alcoholic/addict, you still are in Recovery as well. Addiction is a disease that effects everyone close to the addict/alcoholic. I don't think you were the odd man out so to speak.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful evening. I imagine you were looking at your BF throughout the evenig with such pride and happiness.

Keep on with the support!

You have no idea how much this means when someone near and dear to us who has been effected by this disease too offers their support.

God Bless & Thank God . . . Just for Today
Judy
Old 04-26-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder of what lies ahead, once we clear our minds and bodies of alcohol... genuine happiness.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Yes life is beautiful. I'm so grateful that you have the opportunity to enjoy it with your boyfriend and his freinds. You have know idea how happy you have made me feel at this moment to see the joy in you a "normie".

You deserve the best. My prayers are with you and your recovering boy freind.

Thank you.