Notices

Going To My First AA Mtg In Spain

Old 06-03-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Candace

Ok I will talk about that..right now Im just listening in the meetings. When I get called on.. I do say Im a newcomer. Im going to 2 different meetings that meet twice a week and one is just women. ( Women warned me about men who 13steppers.) I'm going to the 12 oclock meetings. There is a womens meeting that meets once a week that is big.
I will mention looking for work.
I'm struggling emotionally..but at least I'm not getting the mind **** from my x.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Well lost sounds like you are making the right moves, there is no place better to network in a new town then before and after meetings. There are a lot of business owners and business folks in AA, especially in Reno!!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I think you might be mired in a bit of 'culture shock'.

You've undergone some radical changes in your lifestyle, enough to make anyone feel upside-down.

Have some patience with yourself (easy for me to say).

Mention at the meetings that you are looking for work. And remember - it takes two people to get involved in 13-stepping, make it a point to be sure it is not you that gets involved.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostnspain View Post
The AA people picked me up at work at 8..the meeting starts at 8..and we had to travel to the otherside of town..I really appreciated!!!! We were at the meeting at 8:30.
It was quite small 7 people...NO ONE SMOKES!!! at the AA meetings here. I´m alergic to cig smoke. Ok the meeting was good..I understood most of it..no specifics--but they had problems with adult children. husbands. and they told about how alcohol has effected their lives. They had coke, coffee, sweets....
One man said that this was his real friends..The friends that helped him get out of a bad place. Who are continuing with him even when he fails.
we held hands and said the Lords Prayer..
Next meeting Monday night,,,same place has the Thursday night meeting. Close to house.
Whoa! That's GREAT,

I love the way you write. I feel like you were speaking to me across a table and I was smiling as I read it, feeling your energy and excitment!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Candace

Well.....I really don't have the energy or mind to get involved with anyone rigt now. I know how sick I am. I can't see beyond today. It is moment to moment for me. With panic attacks thrown in.
DO you know how much energy it takes to take care of myself in just the basics?? I'm like this little kid and mom at the same time. "Ok sweets get out of bed and take a shower". KID: No, I want to just stay here.
Do you think I want to add a relationship to that???
But I havn't been drinking. I drank a glass of wine a couple of weeks ago. I think the AA is getting in..it is a great support and I have surrounded my self with women who have more then 10 years sobriety. I'm leaning on them and not isolating.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks for the update, please continue to post of your experiences.