Notices

What were you looking for?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

For me, drinking initially was about loosening inhibitions. It was easier for me to be social when I was drinking.

That soon changed as my tolerance increased. About a year after I began drinking, I wouldn't get the spins/nausea, and I took this to mean that I had trained myself to drink more. However, with these higher doses, I quickly ended up enraged at mundane things, I became socially isolated, and I started getting into trouble.

At this point, I can't really pinpoint why the heck I kept drinking, but I did. I'd binge for two, three days--one time, I binged for about five days and consumed a whopping ~140 beers. It really goes to show that you don't need to get very much out of drinking to continue to do it.

Needless to say, I'm happy to be sober; my friends and family are even happier.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Originally Posted by sobergirl77 View Post
Plain and simple, I was looking for oblivion.
I'm with sobergirl, I like things simple.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

At first it was about seeking the thrills of being buzzed. Going to parties with friends and having fun. But that's how we all start off at. I think for most or at least for me anyway we cling onto those memories of when it was something innocent and fun at first that makes it so hard to boot. But for all the good memories I have about drinking I have more negatives. My friends have gave up or moved on to their own lives of marriage and kids. Some went on the same path and are sitting in jail or 6 feet below the ground. The thrill and excitement of it all has long been over. And the only reason I went onto drink was to find something quick and now to fill this void in my life even though it made me more miserable then anything else