Notices

Two weeks today

Old 04-21-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two weeks today

Two weeks today and I needed a pat on the back

Woke up miserable for some reason and I just laid in bed and sobbed. It was about drinking. It was about life. Golly I'm such a MAN!!!

I'm gonna spend some time today repairing some of the things that are broken. I've been doing nothing but work and I think I need to have some change... some me time. How can I be so happy and so sad at the same time.

I'll read this tonight and laugh about what a miserable sod I was in the morning... I hate Mondays!! lol

Anyway, have a great day everyone! I'm still glad I'm where I am instead of where I was, and that's a better start than usual to a crappy day
Old 04-21-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

First congrats on 2 weeks, sounds to me like you are riding the roller coaster of new found emotions!!!!

When I first got sober I started to feel again, I felt sadness, fear, remorse, joy,... EMOTIONS!!!! This was all new stuff that I had drank away for many years, I had no experience in dealing with them, as a result my emotions were all over the place, I laughed, I cried, and was madder then hell for reasons I really did not understand.

As I stayed sober, went to meetings, and worked the steps I learned what I was going through was normal, I learned how to deal with them and as time passed and I learned things got better, the good parts of life were there and the lows were as well, but the extremes of them were less as a result I was able to handle them which resulted in more good emotions then bad.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rimmy View Post

Woke up miserable for some reason and I just laid in bed and sobbed. It was about drinking. It was about life. Golly I'm such a MAN!!!

I'm gonna spend some time today repairing some of the things that are broken. I've been doing nothing but work and I think I need to have some change... some me time. How can I be so happy and so sad at the same time.

I'll read this tonight and laugh about what a miserable sod I was in the morning... I hate Mondays!! lol

Anyway, have a great day everyone! I'm still glad I'm where I am instead of where I was, and that's a better start than usual to a crappy day

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS from me too Rimmy!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Keep moving forward
you are worth the effort
Old 04-21-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

Originally Posted by Rimmy View Post

I gotta admit I got a bit of a chuckle out of that. Not about you waking up feeling like crap but that golly I'm such a man comment. I'm one of those classical "MACHO MAN!" types. I'm a big guy with a shaved head and tattoos. I love lifting weights watching football I show no emotions a modern day Conan the Barbarian! But I have those moments especially when I was drinking or coming off a binge and it was like opening the flood gates or either that I would start listening to real depressing songs and write stupid stuff down. But of course that's always temporary and once I come around and start thinking about the way I was acting or looking at what I wrote I always think "WTF is this ***** whipped crap!" And usually just kinda laugh it off. So man you're not alone there!

But hey congratulations on the 2 weeks friend. Keep it up, I'm right there in the same trench as you are battling it out!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Rimmy, CONGRATS! I think we need a special forum for those of us who quit on April 7 2008! There seems to be several of us here ;-)

I'm with Steamvessel. What's different this time...it's my the first time to QUIT, not just to take a break, but to actually say "never again....I'm finished with alcohol". Course, I'm an older guy and married, so that's probably an easier concept for me to swallow then you young guys that are still out partying!

Take care,
Paul
Old 04-21-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congratulations on your sober time! I'm sober over three weeks now and starting to feel more human, instead of an alcohol 'sponge'. Take it one day at a time and it's easier that way.:ghug2
Old 04-21-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 04-21-2008, 05:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!