Notices

Things I hate about drinking...

Old 04-14-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Things I hate about drinking...

hangovers; throwing up; withdrawal; spending money I couldn't afford to spend; chronic diarrhea; losing my self respect; risking a dui; damaging my family relationships; losing my daughter's respect; not remembering exactly what I did while drinking; neglecting my dogs' need for exercise cause I was too drunk to take them for a walk; passing out early in the evening and missing the dogs' evening meal; the anxiety that comes after drinking; losing items around the house cause I couldn't remember where I put them while drunk; and many more things that are all bad.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Things I hate about drinking: Spending money I should not, Waking up feeling used to blacking out not knowing how I got home unable to guess where my keys are, Falling down in public hurting myself, Losing respect from friends, Feeling empty, Feeling hungover, Fast heartbeats, Extra Weight, Greasy food, Stupid pictures, Risking a DUI, Facing the truth about my choice to begin, Facing the sense of lose of control with that first drink, Fear of the first drink, Realizing that alcohol is just a liquid, Knowing my sick love affair with alcohol, Fights with loved ones, Lies told.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

^^^ all of the above.....
unfortunately i made these choices thru drinkin(gone bad), i'm accountable for damage done.

if the things i hate about drinking really weighed into it (and yeah they suck) i wouldn't have used it to medicate me for all these yrs.... n mask the damage it was obviously doing.
i'm fighting the crave for a drink today and wouldn't consider the negatives of that choice in these terms. it would be the self hate that would enable the first drink to send me on the rollercoaster back to how it all began.
wow i don't know if any of y'all get what i'm saying... my drinkin is the egg, i'm the chicken.... thats the chook i throw in the oven for a roasting before n after a drink.
i don't drink today, the chooks basting and eggs r easier to crack. :s
Old 04-14-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I loathed the insanity of it. It made little sense to drink (financially, emotionally, physically) yet for some reason, facing the world without drinking seemed an impossibility... although I knew if others could then I could, but I wouldn't and didn't...

I'd get deep in my head with regret and worry and paranoia and in turn, continue to drink. Many years of what felt like insanity. I will not miss that at all.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Life!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for reminding me where I came from !
Old 04-14-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Blackouts, foolish behavior, police cars, stomach pain ect........
Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How about the shame, guilt and remorse of lost time; Alcoholism eats years from our lives as it consumes everything connected to the Drunk. We throw away everything with the one hope that there is still a chance that it might work just one more time. "Maybe this time", was my anthem for years.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hate blacking out at one place and waking up in a hospital.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

Sick of causing myself pain over and over again from the same crap. Alcohol. And it seems my problems got bigger with time....which sucks
Old 04-14-2008, 04:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Prospect

the night sweats, remorse, time lost not being productive the day after, dealing with empty beer cans gaining weight, what it is doing to my body, what it has done to so many other people and their families and every thing you all mentioned.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Computer Surgeon

The ER visits and the nurses and attendants in there treating you're like an animal; I won't miss that at all.

And pretty much what everyone else has said already above...
Old 04-14-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I hate the way it seems to control my life even when I am not doing it. I hate having to obsess about it and I desire it even more now that I don't do it. I hate the fact that I seemingly cannot avoid it. I hate how I feel like I can't live with or without it. I hate the fact that I can't seem to handle it, or my life with it, like others can. I hate the fact that it is everywhere I go. I hate the fact that my life has gotten better without it, but I still crave it daily. I hate the fact that no matter what happened in the past or what I see other people go through because of it, I still want it. I hate the fact that my life seems to either revolve around drinking or not drinking. I hate the fact drinking won't make me who I want to be, make me happy, or take away my pain. I hate how it makes me act, and how it makes other people act. I hate that people can't seem to get through the weekend without it, yet I have to be sober and they don't. I hate how it makes people feel justified in acting the way they do when they drink. I hate how even if I am comfortable with myself sober, people can't feel comfortable with themselves. I hate drinking controls western society, whether people are admitted alcoholics, alcoholics in denial, or just people who like to "party" and "have fun". I hate how drinking is not considered a "drug."
Old 04-14-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

all of the above coupled with becoming the worlds biggest procrastinator!!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Being unreliable, undependable and having to lie and make up excuses for my behavior or lack there or.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I thanked you all for reminding me why I struggle everyday to keep sober.

All the listed reasons, are reasons!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Detoxing in jail, especially in another state without knowing how I got there
Old 04-14-2008, 10:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I have to echo Conez: All of the above

I hated feeling like I was less than, different, and flawed. I hated the burden of my addiction. I hated waking up in weird places. I hated being sick all the time. I hated chugging the first beer to feel "better". I hated struggling to get rid of the smell before I went to work...and waiting for the next time my boss would comment on the odor of alcohol. I hated seeing cop cars, knowing I'd lose my licience if I was stopped.

I hated waiting for my life to fall apart, watching it unravel, and being helpless under the tyrany of alcohol.
chip
Old 04-15-2008, 07:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I hate the constant dry throat, the complete lack of sleep that goes on for days, the anxiety, the mental hallucinations and nightmares, the presence of other drugs surrounding me when I drink, the stomach pain, the shaky hands, I hate how it makes me slur my words for days and makes me restless
Old 04-16-2008, 04:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hated being a slave to a bottle!

I hated having to hide my empty bottles in the trash.

I hated saying I was "fine" when I wasn't.