Notices

3 weeks

Old 04-12-2008, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks

I just had to stop in and brag for a second. Today marks 21 days sober. I'm feeling great and I've not had a cig in two weeks.

I know I dont post much on these forums but this site has made all the difference for me. I remember last year sitting at home reading these forums with beer in hand, and wishing I had the willpower to quit. After reading alot of powerful storys about people turning their life around for the better it planted a seed inside me. Something that said "THIS IS POSSIBLE!"

I know last time I tried this in Jan. I was got 40 days then relapsed. It took nearly a month of daily drinking, before I got my head back in the game. Atleast now I know that change is possible and that I can be sober and happy.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Conrats CD-RUN! That is an accomplishment... it's about as far as I've ever gotten in.. well forever.

May I ask what your program for recovery was. Was your will power strong enough. Did you have support from family and friends? Did you attend meetings? Were you just tired and done with it? Only because I did the same thing at the beginning of the year... got my month or so and slowly crept back into drinking and then relapsed. I'm on day 5 and starting over... do you feel it is different for you this time? I only ask because I'm in a similar boat except just a few weeks behind you. Are you confident this time, or still going day to day.. I'm feeling a little bit over-confident and worried today for some reason.

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm confident this time, as I was in Jan. Thats what gets me. I haven't attended any meetings. I just go on will power. The last two times I've relapsed have been because of peer pressure. All of my friends drink, not a very supportive bunch. I'll be doing great and get over the cravings. Thinking I've got it under control. Then let my "friends" talk me into one beer. Thats all it takes, and I'm right back on the rollercoaster again. I'll see this time if I've learned my lesson.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Way To Go CD!