i hate alchohol i love it

Old 04-11-2008, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i hate alchohol i love it

still drinking help me god before i die like my dad from alchohol
Old 04-11-2008, 09:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
problem with authority

Yeah, I hear ya. My dad was dead at 50. I just got seven months here...first time being sober for more than 4 days in a row since I was 15.

Are you ready to quit?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think I liked alcohol the first couple of hours. The first few drinks were nice , however, the tenth one I did'nt like so much.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Wink

Originally Posted by BlackSh33p View Post
still drinking help me god before i die like my dad from alcohol
Don't you see Blachsh33p, what more rude awakening than to have lost your Father, through this miserable Disease, its it Worth it NO Man Think about it, this is your Life and we don't get another cause Honey if that was the case shoot I'll be, and every body be Drinking, and drugging,some times we cry out for Help, and we know the problem but we are so stuck that we can find the Solution, or we know the solution, but we are to vulnerable. get "Help Now" thats if you want to quit cause you got to want this until then, I'll be :praying for you Buddy, God Bless you & Help you find your way home..
Old 04-11-2008, 11:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Blacksh33p,
I'm glad you found us. There's a reason you're here...you don't want to die like your father from this disease. "help me god" is the classic prayer of the alcoholic. Guess what? You can get help if you want it. You don't have to die. You don't have to keep drinking.

Millions of people struggle with this disease, and millions of people get sober as well.

I was as bad as some of the worst here on this site, and I've been alcohol free since sept 24 2005. This is a miriacle.

Alcoholism is progressive, and the end result is death. You are not alone. You don't have to keep suffering under the lash of the tyrant alcohol. Stick around here...even if you are still drinking. This website can help you. I hope you'll post again, and I hope you can find some answers.
chip
Old 04-11-2008, 11:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please Bookmark/Favorites our site so you can find us again.

Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum...

You too can break the cycle of the disease of alcoholism.
Many SR members have and we live healthy peaceful lives.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR.

Many of us have been right where you are now. I was miserable, hated being in my own skin, felt like a failure because I couldn't control my drinking (if I was able to control how much I drank I did not enjoy the drinking but when I was enjoying the drinking I had no control over how much I drank), I felt so powerless over my drinking, I was ashamed, I couldn't live with my drinking but didn't know how to live without it.

I was able to find a solution, like many others here at SR. If you are looking for a way to enjoy life without alcohol, you are in the right place. Many of us have utilized programs of recovery (there is a list of them at the top of the alcoholism forum page), I am one that found AA worked for me. It worked for me from the first day I went to it and I have not found any reason to go back to the misery of drinking again.

Hope to hear more from you and I hope you are able to find a solution to what is going on in your life. If you want more information about a recovery program, please feel free to ask as there are many people here who would be glad to talk with you and share their experience, strength, and hope. Take care.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am new to SR--and know how you feel...thought I was getting better..going to AA meetings..then drank 17 beers yesterday...feel so lost/helpless but will try to get to AA meeting in the morning...I never drank until I was 42...then had a few and discovered I was alcoholic...have been drinking ever since....I hate to drink but I drink and cant understand why
Old 04-12-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

BlackSh33p, not wanting to die is a great reason to start a different path. Be inspired by those here that were in a similar situation and pulled out of it. They are no better or worse a person than you, they just hit their bottom and worked their way out. That path is open you. Take the advice you get here and work your way back. My thoughts are with you.

Leeraewa, if it's never to late to start, it's never to late to stop. Welcome to SR and I hope you get the facts and inspiration you need to understand the disease and walk away from it.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I luv alcohol

My dad died from the disease. I never understood him until I worked with addicts. People sometimes think alcoholics are "different" from drug addicted people. Unfortunately, alcohol use and withdrawal can be worse and even more dangerous than opiates.

Last edited by best; 04-12-2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: commercial link removed.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Both my mother and father died from alcoholism - 11 months apart when I was in my teen years - so I can definitely understand where you are coming from. I never understood that alcoholism was a disease until now that I am suffering terribly from it. I always thought it represented lack of willpower and self-control and something people did because they were unhappy.

Being an alcoholic is known to my remaining family members (who mostly do not know that I am one) as being shameful and disgusting. But now I know... it's not. It's a disease.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

....leeraewa....Welcome!

Yes! you too can stop.
I finally quit when I was 53.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

You have some decisions to make. Then, you have some work to do. Make some calls. It is up to you to save your own life, but you don't have to do it alone. There are people who can help you.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Blacksheep. Welcome to SR.

I remember being where you are. I was very sick. In the end I was drinking enormous quantities of alcohol and sometimes I wasn't getting any effect so I had to drink even more. My body was in pain - especially my back. I had blood in my urine because my kidneys were not coping. My parents are both alcoholics too.

I woke up one morning and decided to stop. That only lasted 4 days. I found I couldn't stay stopped. After several more weeks of misery and heavy drinking, I woke up one morning and I couldn't go on like I was. I knew that if I got out of bed I would drink again and I also new that I couldn't imagine stopping. I became willing to go to any lengths to get better.

I have been sober nearly 9 months now. If you could see me you would think I am happy and healthy and normal and never had a problem.

Keep reaching out for help. We are here and you don't have to be alone.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too have mixed feelings about alcohol. I hate it but (used to) love it. I've just got to remember that I hate it more than I (used to) love it. I keep telling myself that it will kill me, but will destroy me before it kills me. I don't want to destroy myself or kill myself. I keep reminding myself that I'm a better person sober than I ever was when I was drinking.

I get a lot of support from my friends here. Please keep coming back here for support. You can do this, one day at a time!:ghug
Old 04-13-2008, 04:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well praying to God is a good start. Now, what are you going to do? I can pray for all kinds of things, but if I'm not doing anything but praying, then I really can't expect any results.

Get into action. Go to your doctor, be honest with him or her, and jump into a program of action. A program of recovery.

God does for us what we cannot do for ourselves, however we must still put in the effort.

Tom
Old 04-14-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I totally understand. I love that warm fuzzy relaxed buzz that wine gives me. But I hate myself the next day.
What a cycle!

Last edited by Nohangovers4me; 04-14-2008 at 07:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-14-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

When I first started drinking I loved alcohol and what it did for me. The alcohol quit working for me but I continued to pursue that old feeling trying to get it back!

Then alcohol turned on me, I became its slave, my life revolved around alcohol even though all I got from it was self hatred, shame, & guilt!

I now have everything that alcohol used to give me sober and a whole lot more things that alcohol never gave me...... like respect!!!

In order for this alcoholic to quit drinking and stay stopped I had to become willing to do whatever it took to get and stay sober, once I reached that point I found a solution.

Are you willing to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober? If you are there is a solution.