Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

When you begin yoour new thread ...
I can link the 2 and
I'll close this chapter for you.

Way To Go on your progress!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:40 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol!

Actually I'm posting here again because apparently the withdrawals aren't quite done with me. Sunday evening I started having anxiety and upset stomach again. I went to a 9pm meeting nonetheless and felt awful throughout - panic and anxiety and upset stomach throughout. Several times throughout the meeting I wanted to run outside or break down and cry. Didn't do either though and somehow made it through. My sponsor was there and introduced me to a couple of my "sisters" and I even got some more numbers. The guy sitting next to me must have known I was feeling terrible because he gave me a hug at the end of the meeting. (Perhaps my 2 trips to the restroom and constant fidgeting and leg-shaking and constant body movements gave me away).

Now it's 3:30am and I'm still up... I wish I wasn't so afraid of taking these darn libriums, this is what they were prescribed for and yet I'm scared to take them. How weird am I?
Old 04-21-2008, 02:51 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well...
Your just out of balance physically and mentally.

Be gentle with yourself..
drink oodles of water...eat small light meals.
Go for a walk or dance around your home.

The worse is over....just don't drink
and began the cycle again.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:58 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

And...
Start taking a general multi-vitamin daily
Plus a B-12 Complex.
I also take a Potassium supplement.

No need to go fancy...any brand will work.
i've been using Wal-Mart or Krogers for years.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Be gentle with yourself..
drink oodles of water...eat small light meals.
Go for a walk or dance around your home.
Carol gave some great advice, however I always picture myself dancing around the room breaking things...... kind of like a bull in a china shop!!!! I would follow all of Carol's suggestions, but I for one would skip the dancing unless you dance a whole lot better then me!!!

BTW SoberGrrrl keep it up, there are more tough times to come yet, but over all it will get better every day!!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Carol, I have actually found that when I have this anxious feeling, working out/exercising actually DOES work, weirdly enough. (But not when it's in the middle of the night and you are trying to sleep).

Well it's 7am here and I haven't been able to sleep at all. This is almost the second worst night in my journey so far... almost fell asleep at one point but woke up in a full blown panic attack, heart racing, shaking, etc etc. Pacing and praying got me through the worst of that. I desperately want to attend the 12noon AA meeting but how on earth will I get up for it if I try and go back to bed now? Maybe I should just stay up at this point...

For the first time I am actually feeling anger at myself for putting myself into this [alcohol addiction] situation.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

sobergirl anger will not help a thing, simple acceptance that you are where you are now!

Anger will do nothing but grow into a resentment...... yes a resentment against your self!!! The kicker is it is a resentment of who you were, not of who you are today!!!

Grab a piece of paper and calmy sit down........ breath and focus on what you have to be grateful for right this moment, this past is the past so for this exercise just leave it there.

Are you sober?

Write it down!

Are you in jail?

Write it down!

Do you have a place to sleep?

Write it down!

Do you have food?

Write it down!

Keep writing down every single thing you have to be grateful for today..... then ask your self, would having a drink jeapordize these things? Forget the anger and be grateful.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Just a quick update to say that withdrawal symptoms have gotten few and far between. I still have insomnia, and last night I was up with somewhat mild (compared to before) physical anxiety symptoms and a feeling in my brain like the wires were crossed and electricity was shooting around aimlessly. It's a feeling you guys probably know but very hard to explain - like the brain is on overdrive or something. Anyway it lasted maybe 30 minutes or so.

Other than that I've been OK. Tired and a little headachy, but nothing major.

I have to say, it's absolutely fabulous waking up NOT in a major state of dehydration (like I did when I was drinking) every morning!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Complete and utter and total body exhaustion has set in. It's all I can do to even get out of bed. (But I'm forcing myself to get up, do my computer work and go to meetings).

By the way, thanks to anyone and everyone who took the time to read through my litany of complaints for the past two weeks... much appreciated!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:40 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Wow, Thanks for your messages. It has scared the living day lights out of me. I am on Day 3 of a 4 day binge and had the worse hangover ever. As a matter of fact, I still do not feel a 100%. The last two days, brain fog, feelings of panic attacks, couldn't concentrate at work and have had insomia the last two nights - OH and no appetite. I ate absolutely nothing on Monday, Tuesday (just drank sips of water) and I finally was able to eat a little today probably about 500 calories all day. If I continue to drink, I will definitely be in your position. I would start drinking Friday and not stop until Monday b/c on Monday I needed that hair of the dog to get through the day. This sucks and I'm over it. I've purchased CD's that talks about alcoholism and the damage we do to ourselves and have heard them the last two nights to get me through the night. Hang in there, we've got to take one day at a time and not pick up the first drink. One is too many and many are not enough. Again, good luck and thanks for updating your condition. It helps the rest of us here how miserable alcohol is.