Notices

Very tempting DAY !!

Old 03-23-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very tempting DAY !!

Hi all,
Having a rough day staying sober, my wife went to michigan and took the kid and grandbaby to see her mom who is having health problems, sooo old John is left here alone and thats not good. My insurance notified me that my rates were going to almost double due to my last ticket in texas 85 in a 65 which the whole goddarn state is 65 at night and i was on I-10 in the middle of nowhere at 3:00am, Thank you mister city cop i hope you sleep well, anyhoot 1 more ticket and they say they will cancel my insurance, therefore loyds of london will be my only other choice if that happens, and with the frieght i haul i am required to carry 2 million on the crap so we are looking at a bill i cannot pay and survive, DUH ! quit speeding right ? Well i just seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, i do not use the cruise control at night , for it is to dangerous to do so, so dont do it, i just got a heavy foot and all this s%$# is coming down on me today.. OFF THE SOAP BOX NOW..
Happy Easter all, going to call my sponsor... WHEW !!!!

Take care ,
John
Old 03-23-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I posted on your other thread.

Go to a meeting! Then go to another meeting! Get MORE phone numbers. Write a gratitude list.

All of these help get you past the moment.

Love and hugs,
Old 03-23-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

I too feel the temptations on this rainy day.

Yeah, going to a meeting would be a good choice.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

when no one else is around,pray
I had a hard time once,I called numbers,no answer,I tryed to think it thru,etc,no help
I did everything but pray,and soon I drank for 3 days

crazy thing was,2 weeks earlier a AA menber told me one day only the HP would keep me sober when all my human resources failed.He was right
Old 03-24-2008, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

John the prayer is one thing that will always work if you really work on that connection there is always your HP on the end of the line.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yesterday is gone but today is another rough one , not so much the craving but the anxiety levels are threw the roof, maybe my anxiety meds forget to lower not raise anxiety, oh well not a big problem, and definatley better than yesterdays melt down.
Hopefully as the sober time continues my anxiety will return to normal..

Take care,
John
Old 03-24-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Glad to hear you rode it out Johnn, just take today, the hour, or the minute, you have walked this path before, you know it all gets better with time and the steps. Use the phone when you need to. Did you get more numbers? They made a big difference for me.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi John, sorry you are having another rough day. I suffer with anxiety too so I know where you are coming from. You can do things to control it, I usually do something to distract myself, posting here, watching television, going to the gym, etc. However, I have a dental appointment today (OMG) so my anxiety is through the roof. I am trying to think of something worse than the dentist but I can't think of anything!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh yes got quite a few new #'s including 2 more off this site. The first meeting i went to yesterday was rather large compared to the one in my hometown, i enjoyed it, and will make the trip whenever i am at home and can do so.

Take care,
John
Old 03-24-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Skippy did you have anxiety or was it something you picked up during the drinking ?
I never had anxiety until i quit drinking for three years in the early 90's
Something worse than the dentist? A hangover
Old 03-24-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I prefer the dentist to the endodontist any day of the week.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi John, the anxiety is definitely a side-effect of the drinking. Unfortunately, when you first get sober it gets worse but I am told the longer you refrain from drinking the better it gets, alcohol really messes up the nervous system and can turn you into a nervous wreck. The good news is that I am now at day 7 and the anxiety has definitely subsided. Thanks for reminding me about the hangover, now I know why it is a good thing to come on here, you start feeling better then you forget, thanks. I'll take the dentist over a hangover any day! sugErspun, what is an endodontist? Sounds painful.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey John, thanks for being honest. Now let me be honest -- sounds like some resentments creeping in there against those cops. You are doing the right thing, call your sponsor and get to meetings.

Do NOT let yourself get into the "HALT" mode -- Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired... bad place. Boost up your meeting attendance, pray to your HP, and stay close to your sponsor and others in the program.

This too shall pass. I HATE when people tell me that when I am in the middle of my 'stuff,' but it is just the truth... you will come out of this funk on the other side, and stronger for it.

ken
Old 03-24-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Skippy

Endodontist specialize in root canals. My dentist sent me there once...
Old 03-24-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SkippyD View Post
Hi John, the anxiety is definitely a side-effect of the drinking. Unfortunately, when you first get sober it gets worse but I am told the longer you refrain from drinking the better it gets, alcohol really messes up the nervous system and can turn you into a nervous wreck. *snip*
I can vouch for that.

I only get twinges if anxiety, and very rarely at that. And it's all because of the program of AA and step work. Anxiety is a thing of the past.

As far as temptation, let me point out the promises of the 10th step of AA

We will see that our new attitude toward liquor has been given us without any thought or effort on our part. It just comes! That is the miracle of it. We are not fighting it, neither are we avoiding temptation. We feel as though we had been placed in a position of neutrality safe and protected. We have not even sworn off. Instead, the problem has been removed. It does not exist for us.
Hang in there, it gets better.

Last edited by GlassPrisoner; 03-24-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: typoz