Notices

Day 4 and 1 meeting later

Old 03-19-2008, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Member in S W France

Smile Day 4 and 1 meeting later

Hi Everyone just to let you all know that I thank you all for just being here.

This is not the first time I have had day 4 but it is the first time I have had it with the help and support and advice of SR and its members and also with an AA meeting under my belt Last night where I had an amazing connection with 2 of the other guys there. I feel Great today apart from some rather iffy bathroom habits.

I look forward now to the rest of the day and my Life just one day at a time.

Thankyou

Michael
Old 03-19-2008, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Awesome Michael..keep going!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I hear the Gratitude in your voice & I love it!

I had many "4 days" in my past as well. But on July 29, 2005,(my last and hopefully, God willing,final first 4 days) I felt like you do. I had not discovered the Blessing of SR yet, but I remember the feeling of hope that I felt. I had put myself into a intensive outpatient program and didn't do 90 meetings in 90 days, I did 180 in 90 days. And I don't regret one minute of the time I spent in those meetings. Sure, some were not as memorable as others, but I took something away from each one of these meetings.

I can still remember the odd looks I would get from strangers as I waited for the buses to get to the outpatient clinic and meetings. It could be raining, hot, humid or whatever type of weather. There was Judy, smiling like the cat that swallowed the canary. I'd heard mumbling under people's breath at times as I just stood smiling in the rain, "Dumb b*tch, what the hell is she so happy about?" There were honestly times that I wanted to go up to someone I knew from riding buses used/drank and who I could see was in obvious pain and emotional distress. I wanted to share with them this incredible gift of early, early Recovery that I was given. But I knew that until someone is ready, all the talking the talk and walking the walk does no good until someone is truly done.

I sincerely hope that you - are truly done.

Some people feel as though I'm on a pink cloud. I don't think so. I have made it through some tough times and never picked up. I lost my Father, my Mom fell and broke bones in her face and had to have stitches and I blew my knee out and was in severe pain. All in a three day time frame. I found my "pain pills, nerve pills and alcohol" in the experience, strength and hope from my friends in AA/NA and turning everything over to the God of my understanding. I survived some other very painful (physical and emotional ) times as well without picking up anything more than the phone, the Big Book or the meeting schedule to pick up an extra meeting.

I've been relieved of the obsession of drugs and alcohol for nearly 2 years and 8 months. If I am on a pink cloud, I never want to come down.

God Bless you today and thank you so much for sharing YOUR experience, strength and hope. It's inspiring for those who have had many first 4 days - just like you and I and many others have had.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I've been relieved of the obsession of drugs and alcohol for nearly 2 years and 8 months. If I am on a pink cloud, I never want to come down.
My sponsor told me that I never have to come off of that pink cloud, all I have to do is work my program and live life!!!!

Kitkat keep going back, one day at a time and things will progressively get better, maybe not every day, but in the ong run it does get better. Connecting with people in the meetings is when I started to make real progress, glad to hear the connections have come quickly for you.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations Michael, keep on doing what your are doing!