Notices

Just for today...i am feeling great :)

Old 03-16-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Wink Just for today...i am feeling great :)

Hi all,
Things are going good for me. I am getting on well with my recovery at the min. I have started my step 2 (of the 12 step program of A.A. for those who dont know lol) today, was working on my step 1 for a while to ensure i could fully accept it. I am currently 7 weeks sober so still early days for me- but i am anjoying it for today. I believe now i have accepted that i am an alcoholic - i am powerless over alcohol and my life was unmangeable and can be even now.
Even though i was at college/then uni with a part time job etc- i couldn't live my life properly. I have a loving family and friends but was deeply unhappy.
My drinking was causing this- i couldnt cope with feelings, with people- even family. I often skipped uni/ work. I was always tired/ ill/ thinking abut next drink- complelty on edge until i could get that drink to wash away all my probs- or so i thought. In reality booze made everything worse- and added to my probs - by inviting shame and fear into my life the morning after the night before (if was wasnt still drinking that morning that is).

So yeah i am doing my step two now and feeling happy today, just thought id share this with u all- cos im often worried/moaning/concerned when putting up threads- thought itd be good to share positive things in my life too. Everything can still be up and down with regard to my feelings but if i keep at this i know things will get better. I still have a lot to learn, and have trouble with keeping it in the day/sharing/neg thoughts - being me basically! - but i have hope now. Not silly/artificial dreams in my head that i used to hope for- like one day i'd be famous/rich etc...(like that'd solve my alcohlism!) but real hope now. I believe i can get better and be happy if i keep doing the right things - cos i seen it proved among many people in the fellowship - including my own parents.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

:ghug8Keep up the good work
Old 03-16-2008, 08:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 03-16-2008, 08:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

RECOVERY, A GIFT I NEVER WANT TO RETURN
:day4
Old 03-16-2008, 09:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

Your post reminds me much of myself. As I could not manage college & my job (drinking in there too no doubt). I also could not manage to watch my mother die a slow painful death at the same time. I know that my drinking didn't help me but it got me away when all was hopeless for Mom & there was nothing anyone could do. I sure wish I had handled it differently. I really didn't see the point of moving forward after she went & continued with the mayhem but here I'm now (you too on your own path) on the other end of all that (drinking insanity). Feeling pretty good & stoked about living again. There is plenty we have to offer, sometimes we just forget or choose to forget. I'm happy that you are doing well & hope we can continue to set things right in the future.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Thanks everyone- i wish you all the best too reed
Old 03-17-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Very nice post unigirl, good things do happen in sobriety, in the early days it sure does not feel that way, but as you have shared, it does get better, both due to time and the steps, bad days will still come, but they seem to be dealt with better sober and the longer we are sober the easier it becomes to overcome them, even the ones that used to drive us to the point of drinking for oblivion just to escape them!

I like reading happy post, those that give me and others hope by proving that sobriety is possible and leads to happiness and not boredom.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Uni.

Nice to hear your progress. Good days will come more and more until they are the norm.