Notices

;(

Old 03-16-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I saw your other post saying this was the last time you try to quit on your own. I think the last time you tried should be the last time you tried. Get help! I spent the first year of my sobriety trying to run on Will Power and Hope. It wasn't working. I spent my time wishing I could drink like everyone else. Basically a "White Knuckle" ride and nothing more. I had been going to A.A. but I was just sitting in the chair waiting for Osmosis to transfer a better life to me. I was miserable, depressed and my life was spiraling to a certain demise. Just not drinking and occupying a seat wasn't enough. I finally gave in and started working the steps with a sponsor as a last ditch effort.
It was the answer I had been looking for. My whole attitude and outlook has changed for the better. I feel better about life and people like me now. Even my Wife likes me. There's an acomplishment if I've ever seen one.
Is life perfect for me now? No, it still tosses in some wrenches here and there. Some big wrenches and some small wrenches just the same. Just like before I quit, life happened.
I can deal with it now. The 12 promises do come true and I'm a living testimony.
All because I asked for help.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

thanks all... I'm real depressed right now.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

You know, Im probably out of line posting here but ask yourself this. "What do you get out of feeling depressed?" Im not trying to be a smart a.. I know this must be extremely difficult for you but listen to these people who know what they are talking about.
Hit yourself in the head a few times and ask yourself 'why' do I want to feel this way. You CAN feel so much better if you commit to wanting to feel better. Find other outlets to help enjoy life. Get busy with something you might enjoy. The more you do it, the better you may feel. Its like the more you feel depressed, the more you feel down.
Let go of the past and move forward in a new life. Please try Paulos, you are worth it. Life can be so wonderful if you talk to yourself everyday. Im sober, and I still need to talk to me too. Life is an experience, so learn from it.
Please get some serious professional help and commit.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Paulos I am an alcoholic as a result I know what OCD is, I spent years and years obsessing about alcohol and compulsively drinking alcohol, I had a disorder!!!!

Paulos there are a bunch of folks here who love you and want to see you get better, most of us once we admitted we could not stop our OCD for alcohol alone sought help through a program of recovery!

No one here can help you Paulos until you take some action to help your self!

You need to take action, you need to reach out further then your keyboard for help.

You need to call your doctor and tell him you need help!!!!

There is help for you Paulos, but you have to do more then type I need help on your keyboard, you need to call someone and get help.