Notices

Can you believe this????

Old 06-25-2003, 02:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Angry Can you believe this????

I am SOOO pissed off!!!! I was humiliated by the police for NO reason AND I got a friggen sitation! I made a complete stop at a turning red light, made a right and as I look behind me, is a cop flashing his lights. I got pulled over for "failing to stop at a red light". Was he looking down while I turned or what?? I was at a stop for at least three seconds, arghhhhhh. So of course they had to call over TWO more cop cars and make me walk a straight line and all that other fun stuff and then a breathilizer because he siad I looked like a drunk!?!?!? I had my Big Book in my car which is why he said that. I told him that I was four months clean and he said "What you relapse tonight or something?". I passed so the cops just had to try and get me for something so they searched my entire car and saw my CD player that I removed to put in my new one and asked me if I were stealin radios for alcohol. I was treated like crap but let go with a court date. I'm so mad and sure I will not sleep. I was coming home from an AA meeting! Okay, cool down Jordan...
Old 06-25-2003, 02:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey 71,
Just don't drink.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
D_L
Paused

WOW! that is quite the experience, talk about going to great lengths, sounds like they wanted to nail you on something, anything. If it were me I would try and put a positive spin on this situation, something like; I am so grateful that I was sober when I got pulled over, now I can recognize when I am wronged. I am thankful that I have the tools of AA so that I do not have to carry this baggage along my path of recovery. Let it go my friend, they are human to, allow them their humanity........M
Old 06-25-2003, 05:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Ok. ...

so they were wrong and you are right...

that is a whole lot better than they are right and you are wrong!
Old 06-25-2003, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey...

Sounds to me like that ol' guy with the red pointy tail and horns was "all up in your kool-aid" (I learned that from my little sister) and trying to get you to fall. That's one of the ways he'll try to sneak in on you. Or maybe it was God Himself trying to test you. You have so many people here pulling for you...talk it out, think it through....you'll make it...

(((HUGS)))

Kai
Old 06-25-2003, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FunnyGirl

Jordan,

I don't think that it's the "devil" at work here, and I have complete faith in you that you will not use this situation to drink.

That pullover, and the treatment you received was completely unjustified. You were treated like a common criminal, when you clearly did not do anything wrong. You have a right to be mad.

The cops knew you were an AA member, and discriminated against you. Whether or not you choose to do anything about it, is up to you.

FunnyGirl

Old 06-25-2003, 09:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Life is amazing sometimes.

When I was drinking I never picked up a ticket.Been in many accidents and had my vehicle impounded once but not one time was I ever issued a ticket.

I was going to meetings for about six weeks and had just pulled out of the parking lot of AA when I got pulled over.I had not had a drink in over a month.

The cops falsely determined that I was drunk and I picked up a ticket for speeding and was penalized sixteen points and charged with dangerous driving and ordered to appear in court.

Under law a ticket with a max of sixteen points means an automatic suspension of my driving license for one year.

Talk about unfairness and injustice.I was bitter for days.But I did not drink.

I was able to console myself by admitting that my luck had just run out.There were many times in the past when I should have picked up a ticket but managed to get off.

I vowed from that day in court to try my best to become a better driver on the roads.I try my best to work a good programme but I dont ever want the misfortune again of coming face to face with an unreasonable police officer that's having a bad day.

Peter
Old 06-25-2003, 09:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Justaround,

I guess you could look at the positive side of things..........you weren't drinking, if you were perhaps a DWI would have been involved, loss of license, jail time, etc.

No one is perfect and perhaps that cop made a bad call, but some one was looking out for you in the fact that you weren't drinking when this happened

I hope you are having a better day!!

Take care.
Debbie
Old 06-25-2003, 11:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I see a lot of talk about fairness and not being fair. Let's face it folks, if life was fair, most of us, if not all of us would be in terrible trouble.
Imagine God sitting up there keeping score. Taking away points for each time we abused His creation, or abused someone else He created. Loss of points for lieing, cheating, stealing, adultery, getting back at someone because of a resentment. Using a score of 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest score, where do you think you'd be?
Take the ticket, go to court or not, and stand up for yourself. Look at it as one ticket off the probably many you should have had. I'll tell you one thing, it's not worth losing a night's sleep over much less getting drunk. Of course, you can do either of these if you choose.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks everyone for the support. Last night I had a hard time sleeping until the very thought hit me, "If I were still drinking I would be sleeping on a hard carboard bed in a holding cell". That got me to sleep! I am very grateful for this, I can't change what has already happened, and yes, life isn't fair sometimes. What are we to do, you know? AA saved me from my first DUI. I can look at this as making up for all the DUI's I SHOULD have recieved. I am proud of myself to tell the truth, I didn't use because of this. I'll just attend an extra AA meeting today! Thank you everyone for your words.

I am feeling much better today!:okay:
Old 06-25-2003, 01:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

(((JORDAN)))
Old 06-25-2003, 01:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You certainly sound better!

Hey Jordan,

So glad to see you're doing better! Everybody seems to have such good stuff to say, and definitely much to make us think about! Glad to know you were able to lay your head down on a soft surface last nite, huh? Thanks--YOUR strength gives ME strength!

Kai
Old 06-25-2003, 03:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally posted by justaround71
Thanks everyone for the support. Last night I had a hard time sleeping until the very thought hit me, "If I were still drinking I would be sleeping on a hard carboard bed in a holding cell". That got me to sleep! I am very grateful for this, I can't change what has already happened, and yes, life isn't fair sometimes. What are we to do, you know? AA saved me from my first DUI. I can look at this as making up for all the DUI's I SHOULD have recieved. I am proud of myself to tell the truth, I didn't use because of this. I'll just attend an extra AA meeting today! Thank you everyone for your words.

I am feeling much better today!:okay:
Way to go! I'm not going to say I wouldn't be upset but I'd sure talk it out and get rid of the resentment. There's a way to deal with this situation and getting PO'd about it doesn't help.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hey Jordan Life is life good or bad glad you did the right thing letting it go is a big step. Keep doing what your doing. Be Cool
BikerBill8
Old 06-28-2003, 01:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Chy

Know what you mean! Some idiot got upset at me the other day because I was waiting on traffic to make a left turn. The guy was honking his horn at me and finally swerved around me and cut me off on a left turn!

Thank goodness for the serenity prayer!