Notices

hope i sight

Old 06-23-2003, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hope i sight

Hi its Tracey haven't posted in awhile ever since i so sadly gave in .Anyways in the last 3 weeks i have managed to hang around my dealer much to much, blew it with my counsellor,have been using everyday.Well this morning i got up so tired i flushed what i had left from my stash and caaled one of the people from ameeting.I'm headed to a meeting tonite trying to keep going here so i don't have time to over think all of this.And then tomorrow i'm going to meet the lady i called and go to ameeting tomorrow.I'm feeling pretty much athe end of my rope because i really blew the last couple of weeks and this is where i must say i'm ready to do anything.
Tracey
Old 06-23-2003, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hey Busy keep comming and get to that meeting when you use you lose. Be Cool BikerBill8
Old 06-23-2003, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tracy

Do you have a problem with alcohol ? or just the drugs ?
Old 06-23-2003, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Busy, Believe me I know it is easier said than done but, try to focus on the new start. None of us like to fail but, this is the feeling that can really keep us down. The key thing is to never give up. Keep returning the alternative living a life without hope. Everytime I return I give myself another chance to recover. It is sort of like the lottery, the odds are great but, if you don't play you can't win. Well, if we don't keep trying we can't have hope to recover. Keep going to meetings and keep post no matter what. Don W
Old 06-23-2003, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alcohol and pot

sorry sometimes i just say use not realizing

Tracey
Old 06-23-2003, 07:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tracy

if your at the point were your ready to do anything, then you are in the right place, i couldn't do anything about my alcoholism untill I was ready to go to any lengths to stay sober, going to meetings is great, but don't forget to work the program too.

good luck we can do it together
Old 06-24-2003, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well i just got back from the meeting tonite where i met up with another lady from aa, it was a speaker meeting i enjoyed it.That makes two meetings in two days for me, i haven't shared but i am listening and i hope someday i'll just be ready to talk.I am really trying not to think about the if's and but's, that seems to be what sends my head into some big confusion.So it is only today and i will not worry about tomorrow.today was another good day.
Tracey
Old 06-24-2003, 07:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tracey

Glad to hear your meeting went well, I think its normal to be quiet, and confused at first, I know I sure was,
hang in there, it works.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Glad to here your meeting went well don't quit before the miracle happens. Be Cool BikerBill8
Old 06-24-2003, 08:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just keep going to your meetings and dont worry at all about sharing right now.When you are ready you will feel it.

I attended a lot of meetings during those early days and spent a lot of time talking with other recovering alcoholics.It really helped me to keep my mind off drinking.

Keep coming back.

Peter
Old 06-25-2003, 09:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FunnyGirl

Hi Tracey,

Today is a new day, and what really matters is saving yourself. Deep inside, you don't want to use. But you do anyway.

I know, I've been there.

I want you to know that there are many options available to you. I quit using some tools I learned at Rational Recovery. If you really want to be done with the stuff, don't you owe it to yourself to check out everything that's out there? What's more important than your own recovery?

Old 06-25-2003, 08:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Tracey,

I'm so glad you're here! Congratulations on the meetings and being willing to make a start. You're making some great decisions and taking the needed action! Keep showing up for yourself, you will be amazed at what can happen.

I was and still am an incredibly resistant person which is a huge part of my struggle. The only thing that changed for me and gave me a chance to recover was that I became willing to show up at meetings regardless of how I felt (and I did not feel good at all in the beginning, but it gets much better) and I listened. It's really that simple. You've made your start, just keep going!!

Thank you for having the courage to share, we all need each other.