Notices

Expectations of Others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=FightingIrish;1693949]I have not felt the need to take a drink since 9/6/07. (Last drink was 9/5/07...still a bit confused about how that works...)

I go to a lot of meetings because my job sent me to a new place to work (and for all intents and purposes, live) when I was five days out of rehab. So I had no social or sober network up here whatsoever. Going to a lot of meetings (at least one a day) is as much for my social well-being as for my recovery.

Isnt going to meetings a social and sober network ?
just reach out if u can....
Old 03-03-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Not all of us are squares frtnm! LOL It took a while but now I have rounded corners!!! LOL
I checked your profile - hunting, fishing sobriety and techie stuff
sounds like me.....
Old 03-03-2008, 06:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
problem with authority

Originally Posted by frstnm View Post

Isnt going to meetings a social and sober network ?
just reach out if u can....
Yes, which is why I go. I was just trying to say that if I had not moved to a strange place where I didn't know a soul, I'm not sure what my meeting attendance would look like. I suspect my going every day is because I had no friends when I came here. But since I have not performed the control experiment, it's hard for me to say for sure.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Irish the sober friends will come with time even outside of AA, time takes time which I have found is something I just have to deal with ODAAT.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
problem with authority

:-) Time does take time, doesn't it. It was so hard to cope with that idea when I first got sober, and occasionally now too. I had this strange idea that if I thought or projected something it should HAPPEN RIGHT NOW.

Looking back on my first couple of months sober and even as recently as a few weeks ago, I am amazed at how CRAZY I have been at times. The progress I make in sobriety though is being able to see that those crazies, though they still happen, now happen less and less...fewer and far between. But they're still there, oh my yes.

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Irish the sober friends will come with time even outside of AA, time takes time which I have found is something I just have to deal with ODAAT.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Projecting I have found to not be a real good thing, I seem to wind up dissappointed if I project an outcome to some action I have taken. I have found that when my HP leads me to a certain action that I need to accept that that action does not always lead to a result I expect, but that the outcome/result will be what his will is, not mine!

Funny thing, but I have found that in the long run by turning things over to His will my life becomes far less dissappointing and instead far more fullfilling!

I have turned my will and my life over to His care and because He cares about me things turn out okay with out me trying to intefere.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gutterman317 View Post
That's funny and true fighting irish. Dr. bob and Bill w. and Ebby did not have tons of meetings to go to. They got sober through practicing the principals they teached. I believe newcomers should go to a ton of meetings, to saturate themselves with recovery. My sponsor is a BB thumper, my ex-sponsor is a rounder, they are both good sponsors. My sponsor has what I want, so I do whatever he asks for me to do. There are a million things to confuse when getting sober. Find what works for you and go with it. Have a great day.

Ebby Thacher never got and stayed sober. Ebby was a member of the Oxford groups - probably had plenty of 'meetings' to attend. He is credited with carrying the message to Bill, nothing more. (Not a founding member of Alcoholics Anonymous).
Old 03-03-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Strictly talking about Ebby being Bill's sponsor, I read he contributed to Bill's wisdom. So, I would think he had some type of roll in the BB being wrote??? Maybe not?? I am not a BB "thumper" by any stretch of the imagination. I do recovery from all angles!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)