Notices

My Path to Sobriety

Old 03-01-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I can relate to driving around. I still do that sometimes when I begin to have cravings. I would drive until 2:30 in the morning so the bar would be closed. I would wonder around 24 hr. stores also. Drive from one to another.

A closed meeting is just a meeting for someone who has the desire to stop drinking. Thats it. No one will never tell you to leave if you are there for support. Don't sweat it.

Welcome to SR.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Jedi Master

Day 4

Day 4 - I will not drink alcohol today!!

Good Day!! It's Sunday and I have a lot to be thankful for so I am taking a moment to say a prayer of thanks. I am thankful for my duaghter who teaches me everyday to look at the world through the eyes of a child. I am thankful that I am still healthy after all the crap I put my body through. I am thankful that I still have a job, even though my performance has been less than stellar. Today I pray that not my will, but God's will be done in my life. I am thankful for all of you who are here to support people like me.

I will be moving these postings to a blog starting tomorrow. I think that's a better suited place for this type of message.

Have an absolutely wonderful day!! I know I will.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great job Soulja!! You will be amazed at how much your job performance will improve over time!! And, I do like your one day focus!

Dave
Old 03-02-2008, 02:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Soulja, sounds like you've made a really good start. Just thought I'd drop in and share my experience on step 1. I could easily say to myself that I was an alcoholic, but that wasn't enough to stop me drinking. The step says 'We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable. Its that last bit that I found difficult to accept. Not that I didn't find my life unmanageable, its just that I didn't think the alcohol was the cause of it. I just thought 'well, it would be unmanageable anyway' even without drinking. Actually, I'm managing alot better since giving up, but then I'm alot older than you and those binges were really knocking me back and I just got so that I didn't have the energy to get things done.

Now I'm really enjoying getting some manageability in life, but I've a way to go yet!

Anyway, just thought I'd mention that - that step one is actually a bit like 2 steps in one. For me both parts are very important and time should be spent on both separately